10" sub in a big box = great sound!!! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 1st Gen. Dodge Cummins 89-93 12V Forums > 89-93 Non-Powertrain
89-93 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 1st Gen. Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
10" sub in a big box = great sound!!!

Well as you all know, these old trucks don't have the best audio. Well i got a sony stereo/cd player with an aux plug in for my ipod a while ago and just the stereo helped the sound a lot! it sounded a lot better in crisper, even with the stock speakers still in. Then i got some sony xplod 6x9s and put them in the door and wow they sound awesome! my speakers in my door were pretty shot so the new quality 6x9s helped a lot! and then a little while ago, my friend gave me his TIS 10" sub and 750w amp for free cuz he was gettin a new system so i was happy as can be. The 10" sub in the little box sounded pretty good behind the seat, with the 750 watt amp under the seat but it wasn't the best i've heard and it only rumbled the seat a little bit in the middle. Well my friend(the same one that gave me the sub and amp) built a big sub box in his wood class at school and he was gonna put it in his '80 chev. He said there was an equation to get the best sound out of a sub box for the best sound development so he figured it out and built the box for a 10" sub. Well he got it all done and he went to put it behind his seat of his old chevy and it didn't fit so it just sat in his shop. Later on he asked me if i wanted to try out the sub box in my truck. So we put in my truck and put my 10" sub in it and wow! I loved it! I couldn't believe how much the huge box helped. It really did help with sound development and it sounds awesome! it'll rumble the whole seat now, with just one 10" sub! I was really surprised, it sounds 10 times better in the big huge box than it did in the little box. He sold me the big sub box for $15. It fits just right behind the seat, but there isn't really any room back there anymore to put anything, good thing i have a toolbox to put all my crap in! I just thought I'd post this for the guys that want better audio in there old trucks. I will get some measurements of the sub box if anyone wants to build one.
here is a pic of the old little box i had the sub in:

and here is the good sounding, big box:

here is my stereo and the diamond plate mounting plate i made:
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 03:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

The box makes a world of difference when it comes to subs. I have a bandpass box that takes out one seat in the back of my club cab. The good news is all that low frequency quiets down the person in the other jump seat from complaining how uncomfortable it is back there.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Yea man same measurements on the box would be great!!!!!
92 W250 I/C NV4500 6 INCH skyjacker 315s on 17 inch mickey thompsons. Leather seats , dynamat and new carpet. 366 spring, 4 inch staight, HTT62/65/13, 3/16 bump, fuel pin flipped, new king pins, cross over steering kit.

07 5.9 mcsb 6 speed . Just bought this one , dont know much about it yet.
durand is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I can't wait to go permanently deaf, that way I won't have to listen to this BOOM, BOOM,BOOM crap day and night anywhere I go or try to sleep anymore. People have just gotten plain rude.
Left out in the cold is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left out in the cold View Post
I can't wait to go permanently deaf, that way I won't have to listen to this BOOM, BOOM,BOOM crap day and night anywhere I go or try to sleep anymore. People have just gotten plain rude.
lol vent much?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left out in the cold View Post
man you need to leave the cold...sounds like you have become pretty bitter.

Nice looking box though man. Get some of the underbody spray cans from autozone. its pretty cheap and coat the visible areas of the box. it looks pretty good and its textured. i did that to a few of mine that i built. they look like you bought them at a store afterwords.
06 2500 4x4, Banks Big Hoss bundle, BDTB with Scary Larry, silencer gone, exaust dump, train horns, blacked out lights 37" Nitto Grapplers. Goerend full built, maybe soon to come.....Turbo, Injectors, and fuel system. then no more haha
Mkoegel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Yeah i was thinkin about paintin it. I'll try and get some measurements soon. And to tell you the truth, the BOOM BOOM isn't that loud outside the cab, You can barely tell it has a sub if your standin outside, but when you get in the cab, it just sounds great!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

ya i have two kicker cvx 10s with a 750.1 amp. sounds very nice inside. wish i could have a bigger box though it would sound so much better. but you can hear it outside of the truck hardly at all even with doors open and windows down. so people are a little cranky this morning i think .
06 2500 4x4, Banks Big Hoss bundle, BDTB with Scary Larry, silencer gone, exaust dump, train horns, blacked out lights 37" Nitto Grapplers. Goerend full built, maybe soon to come.....Turbo, Injectors, and fuel system. then no more haha
Mkoegel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

amp your 6x9s and get a deck with some eq's and you'll dig it ten times more.

thump thump thump thuuuuump get's boring after a while.

damn good looking box though!
89 W250. Built 47rh w/ 3.07s, Contagios 5x.014", VE pump mods, M&H spacer+to the head, DennyT stgII, 366 spring, 12mm Studs, 60# springs, HE351VGT, SteedSpeed, 3" crossover, 4"TBE, BHAF, Racor 500 filter, Holley Blue (modified), Isspro pyro/boost/drivepress/fuelpsi/trans temp
AKturbo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.