Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which power adders are best?

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Luken 
#1 ·
As I said in my other post, I put a 5 inch lift and 35 inch tires on my 3500 4x4 automatic. Now it can barely pull my 30 ft. toy hauler. I am going to put a tuner on it along with intake and exhaust. Does anyone have any experience with the banks big hoss system and the edge juice with attitude or bully dog? I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who have any of these systems and some of the different cat backs and intakes as well.

i would rather get some advice before i spend alot of hard earned money.

#4 ·
fill out your sig so we know what you have. If you want a good all round chip the Quad std box is great. Its a quick install and the customer support is awsome. I have had mine now for approx 40 000 kms and I love it. When I go my injectors the truck ran even better.:peelout

#8 ·
1. Tst
2. Probably the smarty.
3. Bully Dog Crazy Larry.
4. MP-8
5. Edge EZ

This is just my opinion based on what I have run on my truck or my friends trucks...

#9 ·
Smarty - safe

BDDL - better get gauges and a transmission - it gets HOT and will slip the crap out of a stock transmission

MP8 - great box

EZ - great box little extra kick

TST - BY FAR MY FAVORATE!!! Lots of adjustments, awesome mileage, and enough power to do whatever you wnat to do, and as you upgrade other parts you can tune the TST up a notch :hyper:

#11 ·
Rather than jump in with a tuner, I'd start with correcting your final drive ratio.

Find a gear/tire calculator, and look at what it will take to get your final drive where it was to begin with. This will tell you what diff gears to stick in there. Having the proper gears will cause less strain on the rest of the drivetrain as well.

http://www.kabamus.com/garage/gears.html

Here's one.

Starting with a baseline of consistent OEM type of power will net you better results later on.

Since you're towing with that rig, why on earth did you lift it and put on bigger tires? :rant:

#12 ·
True. If you pull heavy with 35's in my opinion you need 4.10s or you will roast a stock tranny. If your tranny is built you can make up the difference with more power:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.