Front End Quote - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > The Market Place > Site Sponsors > 8 Lug Truck Gear
8 Lug Truck Gear 8 Lug Truck Gear

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
04.5 build up

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Front End Quote

My ball joints just went out and notice a missing bolt from the track bar.. Thinking dynatrc ball joints. For the track bar what do you recommend. Also thinking about the 8.5 setup too.The truck has a 2" leveling kit and a customs diesel steering box brace
Thanks

Other toys: 2003 harley nighthawk, screaming eagle kit, cam and more goodies.
2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
812riedeman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
I would do the Dynatrac ball joints and Pure Performance track bar. I've got them both in stock at the moment. The Carli ball joints are even better but they have a lead time around 4 weeks. The Pure track bar comes with new hardware and in your case that would be a plus. If the bolt was that loose it may have ovaled out the hole. The Pure setup has you drill out the mounting points to use the larger hardware that they include.
888-886-2480
Skyd Ram is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
04.5 build up

Would you recommend the 8.5+ steering upgrade as well and what are the best control arms also just thinking about changing the space to a coil system like the carli starter kit for a better ride than stock when summer comes around and we get the car lift that was suppose to be here in dec

2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812riedeman View Post
Would you recommend the 8.5+ steering upgrade as well and what are the best control arms also just thinking about changing the space to a coil system like the carli starter kit for a better ride than stock when summer comes around and we get the car lift that was suppose to be here in dec
If your y-style steering is worn out upgrading to the new style is a great alternative to replacing all of the TRE's.

I would suggest the Carli or Pure arms but I wouldn't run them until you have a littl ebit of lift on your truck.
888-886-2480
Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
04.5 build up

Thanks I orded ball joints and the track bar. Im going to wait on the 08.5+ steering becuase there still in good shape. Im wanting to get the carli starter system or kore hp kit to have a smoother ride on these darn country road that i travel on everyday. Would that be a good time to install the arms

2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
Old 02-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

Quote:
Thanks I orded ball joints and the track bar. Im going to wait on the 08.5+ steering becuase there still in good shape. Im wanting to get the carli starter system or kore hp kit to have a smoother ride on these darn country road that i travel on everyday. Would that be a good time to install the arms
Yeah,
Wait until you put the kit on to do the arms. I would suggest the Carli kit over the Kore for a better ride. But then again I am a little biased.

And thanks for the order.
888-886-2480
Old 02-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
04.5 build up

I am thinking that the parts should be in tomorrow since i live in indiana. What the difference between the starter system and the back country 2.0. Like ride on the road and the ride on dirt between the two since im on them both all the time. Is there a difference in lift and towing

2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

Quote:
I am thinking that the parts should be in tomorrow since i live in indiana. What the difference between the starter system and the back country 2.0. Like ride on the road and the ride on dirt between the two since im on them both all the time. Is there a difference in lift and towing
The hard parts and the lift is the same. The Backcountry kit comes with a track bar as standard issue and the Backcountry shocks in place of the 5100's. The Backcountry kit will ride considerably better both on road and off because of the custom valved shocks.
888-886-2480
Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
04.5 build up

Ok thanks just wondering why its a bit more than the starter. I just got all my parts today and it all looks good just need to tear into the front end now

2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
04.5 build up

I have a question for you. On the pure track bar do I just need to drill out the mount on the frame or both?

2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
Old 02-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

Quote:
I have a question for you. On the pure track bar do I just need to drill out the mount on the frame or both?
Every truck is different as some already have the larger holes on one end or both and some trucks have the smaller 14mm holes on both ends. You'll know when you get it apart.
888-886-2480
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
04.5 build up

Thanks. Finally got caught up with things so Im goin to start on her today

2009 CRF250R FOR SALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.