Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Code P2262

13K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  vb712 
#1 ·
I am getting this code P2262 on my 2010 6.7 off and on now and then. Anybody have any idea what it is? I have the Edge Juice with Attitude and it reads P2262 Turbocharge boost Pressure not detected-mechanical. Can anybody give me some feedback on this before I take it into the dealer? Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Mine threw the 2262 when the turbo was all sooted up, Dealer replaced it and all was good.

#4 · (Edited)
How many miles on your truck? I got that code shortly before the truck went into limp mode. Took in truck to dealer and they cleaned turbo (big waste, but factory makes them do that before they replace turbo). Two months later turbo gets replaced and runs like new.

#6 ·
Don't wonder too far, the turbo is on borrowed time.
How often do you use the exhaust brake? The EB needs to be ran all of the time to keep the turbo from failing prematurely.

#8 ·
Keep doing what you're doing and wait for the new turbo to get put on (should speed up the process). Use the EB full time when you get a new turbo.

#9 ·
So I took my truck in for this code and Dodges fix was to clean the turbo. I expected that would be the fix the first time around, but I've noticed that my truck doesn't seem to have the power it had before. Anybody else experience this same issue? Also, what is the process in cleaning the turbo?<br />
<br />
<br />
<font color="gray">Sent from <a href="http://www.autoguide.com/mobile" target="_blank">AutoGuide.com Free App</a></font>

#10 ·
Ok guys, so P2262 came back after getting the turbo cleaned out at the dealer. I understand that they possibly may change the turbo out the second time it's brought in, but my problem now is I got 3 new codes!! P0204, P0205, and P0206!! I looked them up and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to be "Injector circuit open" on all codes. What exactly does this mean? What repair am I looking at? This is aggravating cause it seems I've had nothing but problems after installing my Edge Juice with Attitude unit. Is it because everything else is stock on my truck? No deletes? Frustrated now lol.

#11 ·
sounds like they either forgot to connect something under the hood, or a connector has a bad connection

Did they also clean the T-map sensor (on the airhorn, 2 torx bolts)

#12 ·
I'm not sure on cleaning the T-map sensor. Is it something I can clean myself? If so, what solvent is safe for cleaning it? I'm going to check the connections on the fuel injectors to make sure there is a good connection. Hopefully that is all it is. Skeptical though since I've had the Edge unit has been in for almost a year now. But who knows.

#13 ·
Use only Non_chlorinated brake fluid, DO NOT be rough with it - very sensitive, if you have to, use a soft bristle tooth bruch

#18 ·
#20 ·
I just bought my 2012 a month or so ago. 46k on it. Saw this thread today. I haven't gotten any CEL's but I was curious about how dirty my map sensor was.. HOLY COW!! I pulled it out and it was so covered in soot that I could barely even tell there were slots in it. Cleaned it with dash soap and water. Dried it off, reinstalled. NO CEL's. Hopefully I'll notice some sort of difference now that its clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.