Cummins Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

5" sidepipes completed and installed!!

56K views 207 replies 138 participants last post by  cumminsturbofreak 
#1 ·
Well I finally finished them. Waay more work than I thought. Over 40 hrs of polishing after welding to be good enough to chrome. If I knew the steel had to be polished to chrome anyway, I'd have built them out of stainless. Also, I thought a 10' long 5" pipe looked HUGE!. Not after putting it on the Mega Long. I could have made them 6" and 11' long. As it was I could only find one chrome shop with a 10' tank.

The install went flawless, everything fit perfect the first time. I was nervous about how the Y pipe would fit, but I needed some flex, and the 10" piece of flex pipe in the downpipe did the trick just right.

I added the DPF delete module with it. Much louder! and noticably more power!! It smokes the duall's at will. I had the truck completely sideways on the dry pavement :peelout:.

In town I get lots of heads turning as it echoes off the buildings. The exhaust brake sounds like a jet taxiing for take off.
I'll try to post the pics. I wish I knew how to post video. The sound is awesome!! Towing might be annoying. I'll have to put a roll of torch on roofing in the interior of the truck soon to deaden the sound for long hauls. In town I'll just roll down the window.

See less See more
Reactions: skirsman
#5 ·
Dude, that is awesome! I wonder how long until someone uses it as a step!

#8 ·
I would have built them to double as a side step. Watch out for burnt calves!

Looks pretty bad A$$ though. Nice Job!

#45 ·
Cat is replaced with 10" of flex pipe. Since the rest of the system is rigid, I figured I better put a small piece of flex near the engine. Thanks!
Garry

#9 ·
man your rear rims and tires ar going to be harder than heck to keep clean. looks really good tho. i had my exhaust come out in front of the tire liek that adn the tire it self just looked horrible then i would have to clean the rims every week.

#11 ·
That is awesome !!!! Let's see some smoke !!:thumbsup

#12 ·
nice!! looks awsome, and you deff took your time cause it looks dun up right. I had side pipes on my old GMC gasser, head turner when I got on it, the thing sounded like a tractor at idol, everything was straight(except cats)

#16 ·
:woot::thumbsupVery impressive craftmenship. Would love hear'em !

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
them pipes are the you did one heck of a job on them to just have 40 hours in them, i love em, great work, just hope they dont turn blue on you or get a foot print burnt into them by someone stepping on them

Rider

Reactions: rrr2
#56 ·
I'll take a set, $100 sound good. I wasn't sure how those would look but they look badass! Nice job
With all the work I put in, I find your $100 offer an insult!

I'd want at least $150 plus shipping:T:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.