To paint or not to paint.

• Poof can it black

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • Leave perfection alone

Votes: 7 21.2%

To paint or not to paint.

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  93chad19 
#1 ·
So lately I've been kickin around the idea of poof canning the 90 so it would match the dually since it turned out so well. What say you

See less See more
#5 ·
photo shop. spray the ol girl:thumbsup:

#6 ·
It would look sweet! I know you've talked about painting it before.

#7 ·
Mine looks far worse than yours, and I'm not painting it. I've got it pretty much where I want mechanically. I'm doing a complete custom interior. And I'm replacing all the rubber in the doors. But exterior looks like hell and I love it! Nobody parks near me. Everybody gives me PLENTY of room. I don't have to worry about dings or break-ins. I WORK it without worrying about it. It's the perfect truck! My brother calls it reverse snobbery. I call it "Old Paint".

#8 ·
Semi-gloss or Satin black can be touched up very easily though, for next to nothing.

#9 ·
I am going to paint mine this year or next year but before I do I am going to get some nice truck body parts that I need and then I am going to do performance upgrades and then I will paint it.:thumbsup: So if you have the truck where you want it performance wise then paint it if you do not have the truck where you want it performance wise then buy the parts that you need to get the truck where you want it performance wise and then paint it.:thumbsup:

#12 ·
Well, I'm kinda leanin towards just lettin it be.

JMD, I'm running 4" Rancho gasser leaves up front and my own concoction of leaves I built in the rear. Tires are 255-80-17 BFG KM2s

#14 ·
If you paint it then when you sled pull people will not reconize you.
But if you like the way it looks now just leave it alone. As some people say it really does not matter what other people think. In this case it only matters what you think.

#20 ·
Paint it black. Im currently replacing rusted panels on a 92 club cab, then comes mine 93 reg. cab. Both black. Here is a fender I just painted for a 05. Just imagine that instead of your mixed color. That has not even been wet sanded and buffed yet. Dont let it trick you, that is the reflection of the clear off the fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.