trying to make a 6 inch lift bigger - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > Suspension Discussion > 4wd Suspension
4wd Suspension 4wd Suspension Systems, Shocks, Springs, and More!....NO ADVERTISING!

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
trying to make a 6 inch lift bigger

hey guys im new to the site, i have a 05 2500 with a 6 inch lift in the front 4 inch block in the back to make it level and i have 35s on it. i am looking to stuff some 38s under it and heard i can install a coil spacer under the front and a add a leaf kit in the back to set it up about 8". if anybody is running this or heard of it let me know. i am trying to stay away from a body lift for now. thanks
derek_hett_22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

um yes you can do that but it will ride like a bobcat lol u need longer control arms long arm kit will work the best. i want and 8 inch long arm kit got to save tho. i wouldnt mess with spacers its a night mare. if you wanna run 38s on ur 6in kit doit. i have a 6in procomp kit and im running 38 15 50s on 20s i have to turn a little bit wider but other than that im good. anyway good luck
timmys 03 cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 01:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

All of the things he said ^^^

Buy an 8" kit
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bump!....timmy said it all
HEMI2500 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Yeah not really going for the bobcat suspension lol... might just leave my lift and get some 37s to fill the wheelwell a little better then save up for the 8 inch.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Anybody have pictures of a 6 inch suspension and 3 inch body?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Just put the spacers on the front and an add a leaf for now. Then save up and throw some long arms on it, or find a buddy who welds and have him make you some. I am getting ready to do the same thing, but with 37's instead of 38's
2004 BLACK QCLB - DTD BUILT TRANS. - S&B CAI - EDGE CTS - SMARTY S06 - DIAMOND EYE 5" TBE - DONALDSON 52" - AD165 - TUFF CONUTRY 6" - PROCOMP LONGARMS - 35X17 TOYO MT - ALLIED ROCKCRUSHER 17X9 - 6K HID HEAD AND FOG -
schwabby04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I have a few guys that can weld that I know. What all would I have to do to make it ride smooth
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Longer arms should do the trick. All the guys you ask on here will tell you to go spend 3 or 4 grand on a lift kit like its nothing. For the rest of us, a 6inch with a coil spacer up front and an add a leaf out back will do just fine. you dont really need longer shocks either. When you get ready to do the control arms, call someone who makes an 8" kit and ask them how long their control arms are, then have a buddy make you some.
2004 BLACK QCLB - DTD BUILT TRANS. - S&B CAI - EDGE CTS - SMARTY S06 - DIAMOND EYE 5" TBE - DONALDSON 52" - AD165 - TUFF CONUTRY 6" - PROCOMP LONGARMS - 35X17 TOYO MT - ALLIED ROCKCRUSHER 17X9 - 6K HID HEAD AND FOG -
schwabby04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I think im gonna try that out. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.