Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Suspension/lift question

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Jacbo12 
#1 ·
So I have air bag rear suspension and it's cool and all and super adjustable I have an on board air compressor and switches in the cab for the compressor and to pump up the bags. But I would like to take all that off because I want to lift my truck. I don't really tow anything. So I believe if I wanna lift it I need to take all this off and get all the stock suspension put back on then left it. If anyone has any ideas or knows where to get the reward suspension or how much all of it would cost it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Maybe take a few more pictures:

Show the attachment points for your trailing arms at the frame.

A few more close ups of the bracket the bag sits on.

And just anything that you think might be of interest (the in cab controls etc.)

Some of that is to maybe get interest from someone to buy the suspension off of you. But it will also help us determine what exactly you need to complete this project.

I'm envisioning the front leaf spring brackets being cut off/missing.
The shackles and leaf springs missing
Needing new/used springs

Is there any literature about the suspension at all that came with the pickup? A name on the components?

And lastly are you really attached to this truck? If you're not doing the work yourself this venture may end up being cost prohibitive. Might be easier to sell/trade and start with a stock/ish platform.

#3 ·
The brand is avs. I'll work on taking more pictures once it stops raining sideways. And if this project cost to much I'll just keep it the way it is. And no paperwork about the suspension came with it because I bought it from a dealership. All they said is that it costed about 6,000

#4 ·
Those bags look so similar to what I have, but yours appear extended to max? Cant you just put spacers between the bag and top bracket and get longer track bar, shocks and clock the axle back to normal?

#5 ·
The dealership I bought it from took those pictures, they had them aired up all the way for the pictures. But yeah getting longer shocks and put spacers at the top would be a good idea. Is the axle not at normal..?

#7 ·
Well doing it the way you said would save me ALOT of money by not having to et stock suspension then a lift kit. Your idea sounds good for the back then I'll just have to get a lift kit or leveling kit for the front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.