Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tires for my 14

6K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  CRDIOKC 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations on tires for my 14. I have the 18" LARAMIE rims. What is the largest size I could go with on my stock rims. Looking for some suggestions and pictures. Was thinking about the KO2's. I currently have MIchelin LTX MS/2's on the rig. They are wearing quick. Looks like they are going to go 30K tops.

#2 ·
I pulled the trigger on the new Pro Comp Sport AT, 305-60-18s, 60 thou mileage warranty, with the 9x18, Fuel, Trophy with 5 " back space and no lift.
See my Pics posted on 1-23-16

#5 ·
295/70R18 on my 13, no lift or level. Aftermarket rims but stock offset/backspace.

Toyo AT/II Extreme, really liked this tire for year round use, both towing and empty.

#6 ·
Like how these look - how is the ride?

Was wondering if anyone considered KO2's in a larger size?

#7 ·
Ride was great. Towing the 5th wheel we had at the time he rear axle was at about ~7000 pounds IIRC. I would run 80 psi when towing, 60 empty.

#8 ·
I put 295/70 ST MAXX on mine. Love the way they look and ride. MPG did take a little bit of a plunge but hopefully they will come back up as the tires get more broke in.

If you are more on the street i would look at the Cooper A/T 3.

#16 · (Edited)
I ordered Michelin LTX Defenders LT295/70 R18 E1 - they should be OK I hope they don't rub when going lock to lock. Should fill the wells real nice. Got credit for my old ones after 21K miles for early wear. List out the door was almost $1300 got all 4 of em for $682 including tax and road hazard at Americas Tire.

Should be good to go - installing them Friday.

Might do a mild front lift if nessasary (1" 1 1/2")- any suggetions?

#11 ·
Here is a couple shots of my Cooper St Max 295/70/18. These have about 20,000 miles on them though.

#12 ·
I cant speak about sizing, as I am not sure with the 4th gens. But I have Toyo ATII extremes 35X12.5X17 on my 3rd gen and I have 71,000 miles on them. I dont tow much but do have a good amount of weight in the bed time to time and drive spiritedly. Im very impressed with them. Much better than the Nitto Terra grapplers I had. They are great on dry pavement, great in the rain, good in the snow and good in the sand. Never went through very thick mud but general off roading and dirt/gravel/some mud they are great. Overall my favorite tire Ive had so far. Have another set in the garage waiting for the current set to finally hit the wear bars.

#13 ·
Thanks for the great photos and info still wondering why no BFG KO2's

#19 ·
295/70R18 should fit stock height no problem. Ran this on my levelled 08, and stock 13 no problem. Great size, fills the wheel wells and looks great without rubbing.

Reactions: hobbie1
#20 ·
Excellent - that is what I figured. Looked close to the front stablizer lock to to lock but should just clear. I figured this was it without doing a mild lift in the front. Might do spacers to level the front end.

#24 ·
Just got the Michelin Defender's installed today - 295X70X18 - after 200 miles of driving - excellent ride - very quiet.

Smooth as slik. Less bounce.

Fills the wheel well nicely. Looks great.

Speedo at 65MPG truck is reading 67.4 on the NAV detail screen.

Love em, giving them 5 stars.

#25 ·
Hey guys I posted this in another section in the forum but I am thinking of going with cooper stt pro in 295/70r18 they are 34.9 and 12 wide with 18x9 rims with 0 offset and was wondering if you guys think it will fit on my stock 14 2500. Thanks for the input.
Nate

#26 · (Edited)
Installed Michelin 295X70 18 on my rig - fits great no issues. When the speedo says 65 I'm actually going about 67

The Michelins ride great....

However mine are on the factory rims. You might have an issue on the front turn to turn with rubbing with a wider rim.

#27 ·
Thanks for the reply I ordered one to give it a go. Another forum member said it fits with minor modification so I will let you guys know when I get them on.
Thanks
Nate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.