Code P2262 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Powertrain
4th Gen Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine, Transmission, etc...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Code P2262

I am getting this code P2262 on my 2010 6.7 off and on now and then. Anybody have any idea what it is? I have the Edge Juice with Attitude and it reads P2262 Turbocharge boost Pressure not detected-mechanical. Can anybody give me some feedback on this before I take it into the dealer? Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
TheShark10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Dirty map sensor.
#40Fan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShark10 View Post
I am getting this code P2262 on my 2010 6.7 off and on now and then. Anybody have any idea what it is? I have the Edge Juice with Attitude and it reads P2262 Turbocharge boost Pressure not detected-mechanical. Can anybody give me some feedback on this before I take it into the dealer? Thank you.

Mine threw the 2262 when the turbo was all sooted up, Dealer replaced it and all was good.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

How many miles on your truck? I got that code shortly before the truck went into limp mode. Took in truck to dealer and they cleaned turbo (big waste, but factory makes them do that before they replace turbo). Two months later turbo gets replaced and runs like new.

Last edited by lonestarwelder; 08-20-2013 at 01:16 PM.
lonestarwelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I'm at 44k miles. I just got the call from the dealer to pick it up. They said they just cleaned the turbo. Hoping its all good and there's no lose of power.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
I'm at 44k miles. I just got the call from the dealer to pick it up. They said they just cleaned the turbo. Hoping its all good and there's no lose of power.

Don't wonder too far, the turbo is on borrowed time.
How often do you use the exhaust brake? The EB needs to be ran all of the time to keep the turbo from failing prematurely.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Hardly ever! Didn't know that! I'm sure that my Edge with Juice isn't helping either with soot buildup. I don't have any deletes on the truck either.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Code P2262

So I took my truck in for this code and Dodges fix was to clean the turbo. I expected that would be the fix the first time around, but I've noticed that my truck doesn't seem to have the power it had before. Anybody else experience this same issue? Also, what is the process in cleaning the turbo?<br />
<br />
<br />
<font color="gray">Sent from <a href="http://www.autoguide.com/mobile" target="_blank">AutoGuide.com Free App</a></font>
lonestarwelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Hardly ever! Didn't know that! I'm sure that my Edge with Juice isn't helping either with soot buildup. I don't have any deletes on the truck either.

Keep doing what you're doing and wait for the new turbo to get put on (should speed up the process). Use the EB full time when you get a new turbo.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Ok guys, so P2262 came back after getting the turbo cleaned out at the dealer. I understand that they possibly may change the turbo out the second time it's brought in, but my problem now is I got 3 new codes!! P0204, P0205, and P0206!! I looked them up and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to be "Injector circuit open" on all codes. What exactly does this mean? What repair am I looking at? This is aggravating cause it seems I've had nothing but problems after installing my Edge Juice with Attitude unit. Is it because everything else is stock on my truck? No deletes? Frustrated now lol.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

sounds like they either forgot to connect something under the hood, or a connector has a bad connection

Did they also clean the T-map sensor (on the airhorn, 2 torx bolts)
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwest View Post
sounds like they either forgot to connect something under the hood, or a connector has a bad connection

Did they also clean the T-map sensor (on the airhorn, 2 torx bolts)
I'm not sure on cleaning the T-map sensor. Is it something I can clean myself? If so, what solvent is safe for cleaning it? I'm going to check the connections on the fuel injectors to make sure there is a good connection. Hopefully that is all it is. Skeptical though since I've had the Edge unit has been in for almost a year now. But who knows.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.