Cummins Diesel Forum banner

G56 clutch pedal vibration/whine

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  L1011 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, so I just got my first ever dodge. I went to a dealership and got a 2015 3500 with the 6.7L 6speed.

The truck only has 10,000klm or about 6000miles and I'm the second owner.

My question is when I push in the clutch pedal while idling it feels like every oher truck I have owned. When I'm driving and push the clutch pedal in I really feel the RPMs in the pedal (so higher RPM higher vibrations in the pedal) and it also has a little whine to it.

Wondering if this is normal as it's only my second day with the truck. I doubt there is any hung wrong with it I feel like it's maybe just still breaking in being so new?

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Hey! I bought a 2016 3500 new with the G56 and also have what you describe. I haven't experienced any problems yet (around 8k now) so I'm pretty sure this is normal.

#3 ·
Its normal. I believe what you are feeling is all the weight of the DMF through the pedal. If you aren't towing or hauling, "short shift" at 1700 or so and you won't feel it so much. I have 17K on my 2016 and its done it since new.

#4 ·
I feel the RPMs..for a lack of better description...through the pedal. That's normal. The whine not so much but that's hard to tell over the internet. I've driven plenty of squeaky clutch pedal cars though. Just depends if the squeak comes from the pedal itself or the clutch seems to determine if a problem exists or not.

You'll get used to the pedal soon enough. And if the clutch is on its way out it'll tell ya soon enough as well.

#6 ·
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But my new 2018 is doing this as well. I would describe more as a howl than a whine. Much More noticeable at high rpm and it spins down or gets quite if the clutch is held for a couple of seconds. It has done it from day one driving away from the lot and 2500 miles on the truck now with no change.

Did you ever have anymore problems with yours or find out if this is normal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.