Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2010 3500 Spyntec install

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  north of the 49th 
#1 ·
I need some advice from you guys that have installed these kits on your trucks. I have just finished the install, and the driver side Mile Marker hub disconnects the axle in the free setting, but the passenger side doesn't disconnect when in the free setting, as soon as I back off the allen head bolts holding the cap on,it will disconnect.These allen bolts need to be tight. I had to push the stub axle ahead quite away so I could get the C clip on the end of the stub axle, don't know if this has anything to do with this problem. Anybody have any ideas ? I have searched all forums and couldn't find anything about this.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Sounds like a question for Spyn-Tec Customer Service, first check all your work, then get a hold of them, I'm sure they will want to get you fixed up, no sense having disconnect kit, if it doesn't disengage.

Reactions: north of the 49th
#3 ·
You may not have the locker cap timed correctly. I think it needs turned counter clockwise until the three fingers hit the high end of the ramps and it will stop then you will also be lined up with bolt holes. I ended up having a bad mile marker locker assembly with my kit. After driving with it locked you couldn't turn it to free, swapped it out for another and all was well.

#5 ·
On my 2012 2500 there was no snap ring to install on the outer stub axle. As far as the locking hubs go there is a torque spec on the bolts and it is by far not tight. I dont remember if the spec was in the spyn tech or the milemarker instructions but def not tight.

#6 ·
Thanks all for the reply's , I did find a few articles on the install, and one said not to use the C clips on the stub axles, and when I re-read the Spyntec instructions, there is no mention of the C clips, they were in the Mile Marker hub kit, so I thought they were to be used,I removed the C clip and the hubs seem to disconnect ok now,
Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.