Bully Dog Gt tuner? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Bully Dog Gt tuner?

I have a bully dog on a 2012 cummins, with a S&B air intake with all the emissions still on. What do you guys dislike about the bully dog tuners?
#2002 24v 5.9, fass fdrp, 5inch Flo~Pro Str8 pipe, edge ez, turbo silencer ring out,shift kit, bd diesel steering stabilizer, BHAF#2012 6.7, s&b intake, Sinister egr delete, dpf delete, 5inch w/muffler, H&S/mcc/AD, TV delete, Arp 2000's, CCV breather GDP
6.7ctd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ctd View Post
I have a bully dog on a 2012 cummins, with a S&B air intake with all the emissions still on. What do you guys dislike about the bully dog tuners?
The bully dog tuner works just fine but it will not allow you to perform any emission deletes which is what benefits these trucks the most when it comes to extended engine life, better fuel economy, and obviously more power.
12 Ram 2500 MC, 6.7L Cummins, ARP 625's, H&S Int., Ind. Inj. 100 HP Nozzles, Full Comp. SunCoast Auto. 68RFE, Fuel Lab Velocity 200 fuel system, Ind. Inj. 85% +CP3, ATS Aurora 7500+Compound, & MCC by Ryan.
r44guy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

So you couldn't just clear the engine lights after the deletes?
#2002 24v 5.9, fass fdrp, 5inch Flo~Pro Str8 pipe, edge ez, turbo silencer ring out,shift kit, bd diesel steering stabilizer, BHAF#2012 6.7, s&b intake, Sinister egr delete, dpf delete, 5inch w/muffler, H&S/mcc/AD, TV delete, Arp 2000's, CCV breather GDP
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7ctd View Post
So you couldn't just clear the engine lights after the deletes?
You can clear the diagnostic trouble codes that cause the check engine light but the truck will not run well enough to effectively drive the truck and the check engine light will come on immediately when you start the truck even if you clear the codes every time.

You will need to reprogram the truck with a tuner that deletes the programming for the emissions like the H&S XRT or Mini Maxx or Smarty Jr. and or Sr. and most of these products are still available but they have all been discontinued due to the EPA crack down about 4 months ago.
12 Ram 2500 MC, 6.7L Cummins, ARP 625's, H&S Int., Ind. Inj. 100 HP Nozzles, Full Comp. SunCoast Auto. 68RFE, Fuel Lab Velocity 200 fuel system, Ind. Inj. 85% +CP3, ATS Aurora 7500+Compound, & MCC by Ryan.
r44guy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,934 Posts
They key is to stop the regen process first, stop the EGR process 2nd, and supress codes 3rd. The codes aren't the big problem. Those can be cleared.

The Bullydog GT doesn't do anything to help you with the DPF or the EGR. So if you remove the DPF and regens start, you'll have a mess on your hands. Lots of smoke and then a probable limp mode after...
67guzzler is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 67guzzler For This Useful Post:
r44guy (04-07-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Well...I run a Bullydog GT and have for 30,000 miles with SIMS , fully deleted TBE and no egr cooler and I am fully satisfied. Half the price of H&S and includes transmission tuning free. I have lots of power, guages, and great fuel mileage. I do have a CEL, but no big deal. Very happy!
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 SRW 6.7, Bully Dog GT, a few missing parts,4" TBE exhaust,turbo baffle delete, Kelley 315/70/R17 TSR tires/ stock rims, Reese 20K, Firestone 5K airbags,smoked tail and roof lights, Truck lite LED's,2" Daystar Level kit,Fleetguard filters, Mobil 1 Synthetic oil
Bigpuddie is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpuddie For This Useful Post:
davidrenk08 (05-23-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpuddie View Post
Well...I run a Bullydog GT and have for 30,000 miles with SIMS , fully deleted TBE and no egr cooler and I am fully satisfied. Half the price of H&S and includes transmission tuning free. I have lots of power, guages, and great fuel mileage. I do have a CEL, but no big deal. Very happy!
^^ Right there is what I was gonna say and see as a "fix" to the EPA stuff. Get a set of SIMs and you can still do deletes as long as you have a device that will clear those codes.
'12 Ram 3500 SRW CCLB Carli 3" "Dominator", Trussed and Hydo'd front, AFE Intake, Deleted, 4" TBE, 37" Toyo M/Ts on TrailReady 5 Black/Black wheels, H&S Mini Maxx Race w/ Trans unlock and MCC tuned by Draconian and ISSPRO triple pillars
NoPlugsRequired is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 01:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

i have run the bully dog gt as well. runs great, love it.be sure to get the 100ohm sims, unplug egr, good to go.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Where does the 100ohm sims go?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

two on the down pipe, other two where you disconnected dpf/nox.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,934 Posts
Jay's right. There are 4 total temp sensors (two pronged plugs) and 2 O2 sensors (6 pronged plugs). With SIMS you have to move the O2 sensors over to the replacement exhaust in the bung holes and the 100ohm SIMS get plugged into the 4 temp sensors. Unplug the DPF pressure hoses from the pressure sensor (leaving them open to the atmosphere) and then you're done.

Unplugging the EGR is optional but will make the CEL come on AND may de-rate performance in some 2012 trucks.

-Guzzler
67guzzler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

i better go in there and gut it, even though i have not had any problems with it unplugged{besides CEL light blinding me at night.lol} it'll be nice if it has been derated and i didnt even know.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.