Magnaflow 5inch DPF back exhaust pipe - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

View Poll Results: MAGNAFLOW DPF back exhaust system
Buy it if you have to keep DPF, it does as advertised. 2 6.90%
Don't buy it, it's no better than stock. 14 48.28%
buy another brand 0 0%
buy beer 13 44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Magnaflow 5inch DPF back exhaust pipe

Anyone running a Magnaflow 5 inch DPF back muffler delete exhaust system?
I would like to know what you think about it? I like the style of the 6 inch exhaust tip with the cooling ports. How's the sound? Have you noticed any difference in performance? Frequency of regens? Fuel mileage? Or no change whatsoever, just bling?
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie, 4X4, Solid Mineral Grey, Tinted, 6.7L CUMMINS High Output Turbo Diesel with H&S Mini Max, 3:73 rear, 6 speed auto, BAK FLIP F1, LINE-X, MOPAR NERF BARS, Bilstein 5100's and Bilstein steering damper
rmgthompson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

waste of cash. your just buying another tailpipe. thats all.
2010 2500 TRX4 Crew Cab SWB 68RFE 4.10 LSD. CCV DELETE. BAFFLE MIA. XRT PRO TV:6.8.26 (TOW, NO ATT, TIMING #3). FLOPRO DPF PIPE. MAG HYTEC REAR COVER. H&S EGR/COOLER DELETE. GDP PRO WASTEGATE. BD STEERING BOX STABILIZER. CARLI SS LOW MOUNT.
heipps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Spend your money on beer it will do NOTHING. Look at how small your stock muffler is, the damage is already done to your flow after it passes through two cats and a dpf
2011 6.7 QCLB 3.73's H&S mini-maxx Tow-Mode Timing#2-NO-ATT, H&S OD software,Sinister-EGR, 5' AFE Turbo back, s&b CAI, 20' Fuel Full Blown white wheels, 35' Trail diggers, 2014 39' Torque 325 toy hauler
nickboyer92 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgthompson View Post
Anyone running a Magnaflow 5 inch DPF back muffler delete exhaust system?
I would like to know what you think about it? I like the style of the 6 inch exhaust tip with the cooling ports. How's the sound? Have you noticed any difference in performance? Frequency of regens? Fuel mileage? Or no change whatsoever, just bling?
its sorta a waste of money but it looks sweet and it does help with egt's allows more hot air out. if you put the high idle on you'll feel the air flow diffrence between muffler and no muffler at the tip. i got it when i bought the truck put it on my 2012 mostly just for looks . im new to this forum.
skidoojoe is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to skidoojoe For This Useful Post:
rmgthompson (01-07-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

So thread has now had almost 100 hits, there's 3 replies and 4 poll responses. Of the 90 or so viewers who looked but had no input I have to believe they are also interested in modifying there trucks exhaust but are also confused. The manufacturers only claim improvement in horsepower and torque but have no data available to back it up but they keep selling so let's hear from ya'll who have purchased. Don't be shy.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie, 4X4, Solid Mineral Grey, Tinted, 6.7L CUMMINS High Output Turbo Diesel with H&S Mini Max, 3:73 rear, 6 speed auto, BAK FLIP F1, LINE-X, MOPAR NERF BARS, Bilstein 5100's and Bilstein steering damper
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Second Most Important Member

it makes no sense to buy it. it does nothing to lower egt's. spend your money on a tip to dress up the stock pipe and other goodies
2007.5 6.7L THANKS TO, DANS DIESEL PERFORMANCE-EFI LIVE-WALLY@FTE-RICH@GLACIER DIESEL POWER-RANDY ELLIS DESIGN-DON THUREN FABRICATION-POLY PERFORMANCE-S&B-H&S-BFG-GENERAL RED LETTERS-MHP-B&G-FLO PRO-AMSOIL-EDGE-RECON-GENOS GARAGE-HELL BENT STEEL-BILSTEIN

Last edited by TORK-STIK; 01-07-2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: editing
TORK-STIK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Take your stock muffler on, start it. Put it back on, start it. You won't notice any difference in sound or performance.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
SRT-Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Puttin on my Boogie Shoes

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Deletes = gain in mileage, sound
DPF back = nothing but looks
If you like the tip that comes with the dpf back kit, try to buy just the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon16
Im comfortable with my Sexuality "Tex"...... Straight as a Broken Arrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
With a 2nd look....... your right that thing is huge!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12valvedriver View Post
That's what she said.
LarrysDodge6.7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Think about it, how would it change anything? everything that affects any part of the performance of your truck is BEFORE the dpf.. a DPF back is about like adding truck nutz.. just go buy beer instead lol

heck with beer you could get your friends drunk and tell them your truck has 500 hp and they may believe you!
BIG BLACK- 07.5 6.7 2500QCSB, S467 FMW with Stainless Diesel 2nd gen manifold, EFIBYRYAN, ARP 2000's, ATS Stage 4, TCM tuned by Dave Matthews, Air Dog 165, Diamond Eye 5", S&B air filter, Amsoil Oil bypass, Autometer Boost, Pyro, Trans, Fuel, Rail Pressure, 295/75/18 Toyo Open Country MT's on Moto Metal Black 951's, Suspension Maxx leveling kit, All Amsoil oils, Spyder and Recon lights , Blue gauge light swap
Big thanks to Legendary Diesel, Krazeeun, NitrousKix, Dave Matthews, and everyone else thats helped with this build!
Michigandodgeguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have it installed on my truck with a 6" tip. no different in sound. i even left the muffler off. Performance is the same until I deleted IT!!!!! Delete Delete Delete
Louiebhlinex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Thanks for all the replies. Evidently this forum is strongly biased toward deletes or changing anything from the DPF back is purely cosmetic. Nobody said the MAGNAFLOW 5 inch DPF back system looks great or installs easy or would work great later down the road with further deletes. Obviously not a great investment. Anyone know where I can get some green tip 5.56?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

down the road a a few clicks. I went with the mbrp turbo-back under 2 bills
11 3500 x4,CCLB,ST, DPf or not,EGR/Cooler missing, ccv ., mini/ street-2 w/att - w/OD,auto trans., manual transfer,3.73 , MBRP, LED reverse side emitters , pyro. , backseat mod. , Retro's 55w H/Lows HIDs , In-Cabin Filter,
Ratdog1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.