Smarty vs H&S - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smarty vs H&S

Well I have a smarty jr right now but thinking about switching to H&S... So let's hear from the experts on which you guys think is better, I have pillar gauges now but I kinda wanna go to a mini if I get H&S or would the xrt pro do fine?
2011 3500 G56 drw. white. Afe 4" tbe S&B GDP CCV delete Sinister egr delete Smarty JR ISSPRO Factory match boost and pyro gauges Ion wheels 285/70/17 Cooper A/T3SOLD!!! Back to 2004 Dodge 2500 qcsb auto fuel hostage smarty s06 pod and some gauges.
david326 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I tried a smarty on my 2012, Smarty used to own the market but they are getting their azz handed to them by h&s. Smarty customer service is non existent, Bob could be replaced by a bucket of sand.

I run a XRT Pro now and its awesome, no issues at all. AND you can actually call, email, ect H&S and they actually have answers to questions.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Im running a XRT-PRO im telling you it has transformed the truck i get 15 in the city 18.5-19 on the freeway , i tuned it the day i did the deletes to the wild 120hp tune and packed it away in my tool box 3,000 miles later absolutly error free, for the price you really cant go wrong man smarty is starting to get kind of a bad rap so it would suck to buy the smarty have an issue then not be able to sell it to get your H&S
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I have the smarty jr but looks like I should prolly sell it for the xrt
2011 3500 G56 drw. white. Afe 4" tbe S&B GDP CCV delete Sinister egr delete Smarty JR ISSPRO Factory match boost and pyro gauges Ion wheels 285/70/17 Cooper A/T3SOLD!!! Back to 2004 Dodge 2500 qcsb auto fuel hostage smarty s06 pod and some gauges.
david326 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I also have a smarty jr and am looking at the xrt pro
2010 6.7 Cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Draconian Diesel

Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,142 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Customer support is high on my list. That pretty much eliminates the smarty product with the recent lack of support over the past 6 months or so.

Also, I would look into getting the MINI max instead of the xrt pro. Gauges are expensive, but you get them in that package for just a cpl hundred more. Also, later on when you find the need for a custom tune, its only available on the mini max.

MILITARY DISCOUNT: We support our troops
Dave- 806-223-9472 Shoot us an email and join the Draconian Team
davematthews is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Smarty Guru

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
If anyone needs any help, shoot me a pm. I cant follow the forums everyday. Sorry

Proud Cummins Supporter

Need help? Please shoot me a pm with your information.
Bob Wagner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
Customer support is high on my list. That pretty much eliminates the smarty product with the recent lack of support over the past 6 months or so.

Also, I would look into getting the MINI max instead of the xrt pro. Gauges are expensive, but you get them in that package for just a cpl hundred more. Also, later on when you find the need for a custom tune, its only available on the mini max.
Where is the best place to purchase the Mini Max? I'm looking for good price, quick shipping, good support, etc. Someone that really cares...

You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

MQQSE
Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner View Post
If anyone needs any help, shoot me a pm. I cant follow the forums everyday. Sorry
pm sent
Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

If smarty gets these issues fixed with the new HO engines i will support them but til then go H&S... If I'm left in the dirt here with this $650 tuner I'm not going to be happy...
curly0909 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Where is the best place to purchase the Mini Max? I'm looking for good price, quick shipping, good support, etc. Someone that really cares...

You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

MQQSE
I have had nothing but great service from James @ rollinsmokediesel.com
12 RAM 3500 Mega Laramie Mineral Gray, 4x4 SRW Thuren, TGC, Daystar, Backwoods deluxe pre-runner , Smittybilt x20 12k ,Cobra 29LX 102" whip & Breedlove mount, BakFlip/Rak/Box, Amp Research, Bully Rings, Retro Solutions, Front & Rear cam, Quick grill kit, , Tint, KC Hilites Daylighter 233 & 634, pwr gate lock, husky liner, Gauges, ARP, S&B CAI, tube & wrap , IronCross, PSC, 4" Pipe, Mini-Maxx w/pyro, MCC, OD & Inmotion , Mag-hytec, Shibby plugs, GDP breather & dipstick holders, 180 T-stat, H&S intake horn & 4" boost tube, LF9028, Amsoil Bypass system, MOFO 15, Infinity Kapa series.AMSOIL, +, I think I have a problem ...
UPANDCUMMER is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to UPANDCUMMER For This Useful Post:
Rollin Smoke Diesel (10-21-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
pm sent
same here
curly0909 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.