LoadLeash Engine Brake - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
LoadLeash Engine Brake

Upon ordering 2nd gen parts from Source Automotive, I was talking about an exhaust brake system. He said there was a new engine brake coming out for the 6.7 and to hold off if I could.

He said it was still in testing, but he heard one in person and it had the true big rig sound and not the sound of air coming out of an old man's . Has anybody heard anything about this new "LoadLeash" engine brake system ?
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

http://www.pacbrake.com/index.php?page=p67-loadleash
"Virtually silent"
Old 05-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlebrun_05 View Post
P67 LoadLeash
"Virtually silent"

Thanks for the find. I hardly tow or haul, just mainly wanted the sound so that completely looses my interests.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

LoadLeash Editorials

"The sound of the P67 meets the global requirements for noise, but has a definite big rig tonal quality, the kind Turbo Diesel owners will love. "
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Holy crap. Never thought the day would come!

I'm sure Dodge would void the warranty with this installed. Maybe its the reason I need to actually do an EGR and DPF delete. I'd pay a stupid amount of money for this product. I hope they're not relying on my stupidity when they price it.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Penwald View Post
Holy crap. Never thought the day would come!

I'm sure Dodge would void the warranty with this installed. Maybe its the reason I need to actually do an EGR and DPF delete. I'd pay a stupid amount of money for this product. I hope they're not relying on my stupidity when they price it.
Oh I'm sure it's going to be expensive as hell...
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeasy87 View Post
Thanks for the find. I hardly tow or haul, just mainly wanted the sound so that completely looses my interests.
It is probably quiet with the exhaust intact. With a deleted truck, I'd be willing to bet it would make the Cummins really growl

Might be worth ditching the VGT for a standard turbo. Of course, then I'd have to swap to a G56...

Jason

Honey Badger Don't Care...
RCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrawler View Post
It is probably quiet with the exhaust intact. With a deleted truck, I'd be willing to bet it would make the Cummins really growl

Might be worth ditching the VGT for a standard turbo. Of course, then I'd have to swap to a G56...

Jason

says works in conjunction with the vgt or exhaust valve. you got to buy both if you ditch the vgt or so it sounds
Old 05-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I read this

Quote:
Actually, this is somewhat the reverse of a jacobson compression brake.
This system supposedly holds the exhaust valves open for the compression stroke, therefore doubling the volume of air for the exhaust brake to catch. ( this is what was explained to me by a desk jockey at Pacbrake. I know it doesn't make total sense???)
Without a VGT or Exhaust brake, it is pretty much useless.
An exhaust brake like the PXRB is good for about 175 retarding hp, whereas the combination of the exhaust brake and weeper system can create as much as 350 retarding hp.
For those of tot worried about height, this system replaces the aluminum baseplate on the common rail engines so as to not ad to install height much if at all.

So it sounds like us guys with the 2nd gen mani will have to put the potato in our exhaust because of our missing VGT. THEN we will be compatible for the P67 LoadLeash engine brake
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I would like to see the details on how it holds the exhaust valve open. I hope they are not doing what it looks like they are doing it!

Anybody have some details on how this device actually holds the valve open?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I would also like to hear about this thing.
12 RAM 3500 Mega Laramie Mineral Gray, 4x4 SRW Thuren, TGC, Daystar, Backwoods deluxe pre-runner , Smittybilt x20 12k ,Cobra 29LX 102" whip & Breedlove mount, BakFlip/Rak/Box, Amp Research, Bully Rings, Retro Solutions, Front & Rear cam, Quick grill kit, , Tint, KC Hilites Daylighter 233 & 634, pwr gate lock, husky liner, Gauges, ARP, S&B CAI, tube & wrap , IronCross, PSC, 4" Pipe, Mini-Maxx w/pyro, MCC, OD & Inmotion , Mag-hytec, Shibby plugs, GDP breather & dipstick holders, 180 T-stat, H&S intake horn & 4" boost tube, LF9028, Amsoil Bypass system, MOFO 15, Infinity Kapa series.AMSOIL, +, I think I have a problem ...
UPANDCUMMER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I'm very interested to do a test drive in a truck that has this installed to she just how it proforms. Looks very interesting, can't wait to see how fast the void the warranty for this thing too.

Will-
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostrider304 For This Useful Post:
rmz450 (07-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.