Exhaust Regeneration - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Dug
Newbie
 
Dug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust Regeneration

The manual says the exhaust regeneration information will be provided by the EVIC. I have 7000 miles on my 2010 Cummins and I know it regenerates often but I haven't seen any information on the EVIC. How do I get the information out of the EVIC? Thanks for any information on the subject. Dug.

Dug is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Diesel Head
 
insane3639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Watertown, SD currently
Posts: 1,807
Thanks: 71
Thanked 290 Times in 117 Posts
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
This is where the manual is mis leading you actually won't see anything til you reach 80% capacity and so on. and their is no way to pull info afaik

2007.5 SOLD.
2005 AUTO | 5"TBE | S&B CAI | SMARTY SR
1994 AUTO | 294K MILES | PROJECT VEHICLE
insane3639 is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Diesel Head
 
7492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Monessen ,Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,559
Thanks: 434
Thanked 249 Times in 204 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug View Post
The manual says the exhaust regeneration information will be provided by the EVIC. I have 7000 miles on my 2010 Cummins and I know it regenerates often but I haven't seen any information on the EVIC. How do I get the information out of the EVIC? Thanks for any information on the subject. Dug.
Only if somthing is wrong.

07 Megacab 3500 4x4 6.7Liter 68RFE 22 MPG highway.
2011 Durango Hemi Loaded
09 Freightliner M2 33k GVW ISC 360/1050 RFO9210
7492 is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
BlueBeastCTD4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 171
Thanks: 38
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Straight from the manual(very misleading):

Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)
Displays
When the appropriate conditions exist, the EVIC displays
the following messages:
• Service Air Filter
• Perform Service
• Exhaust Filter XX% Full
• Exhaust Filter Full – Power Reduced See Dealer
• Service Required – See Dealer Now
• Exhaust System – Regeneration Required Now
• Exhaust System – Regeneration In Process
• Exhaust System – Regeneration Completed

2015 Ram 2500 6.7l Crew Cab 4x4 Maximum Steel Metallic.
BlueBeastCTD4x4 is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Diesel Freak
 
AlphaInfinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalispell, Montana
Posts: 726
Thanks: 36
Thanked 175 Times in 110 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeastCTD4x4 View Post
Straight from the manual(very misleading):

Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)
Displays
When the appropriate conditions exist, the EVIC displays
the following messages:
• Service Air Filter
• Perform Service
• Exhaust Filter XX% Full
• Exhaust Filter Full – Power Reduced See Dealer
• Service Required – See Dealer Now
• Exhaust System – Regeneration Required Now
• Exhaust System – Regeneration In Process
• Exhaust System – Regeneration Completed
Yes this is very misleading. I am wondering if they decided at the last moment to disable the regenration in process messages in the EVIC? If so, I would like to know how to enable them.
AlphaInfinity is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Diesel Head
 
08 Black Cummins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 34
Thanked 160 Times in 139 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
yeah, I've got 8k on mine and never got a message. The real indicator is when the evic mileage goes from 20mpg to 13mpg.

2015 6.7 Crew Cab Big Horn- Stock
2010 6.7 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4- Slighty Modified
SOLD08 6.7 Auto QC 4x4-Not so stock
08 Black Cummins is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
BlueBeastCTD4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 171
Thanks: 38
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaInfinity View Post
Yes this is very misleading. I am wondering if they decided at the last moment to disable the regenration in process messages in the EVIC? If so, I would like to know how to enable them.
i was thinking the same...

2015 Ram 2500 6.7l Crew Cab 4x4 Maximum Steel Metallic.
BlueBeastCTD4x4 is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Cummins Fanatic
 
BlueBeastCTD4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 171
Thanks: 38
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Black Cummins View Post
yeah, I've got 8k on mine and never got a message. The real indicator is when the evic mileage goes from 20mpg to 13mpg.
Thats what everyone says but mine stays pretty much in the same MPG range: high 16s to low 17s on highway at 70-75. mid 14s to low 15s in the city.
I never see such a big drop, such as 20-13 or so.

And the "milage coach" jumps around way to much, it never stays constant even at a steady speed on flat highway.

Hope that all makes sence.

2015 Ram 2500 6.7l Crew Cab 4x4 Maximum Steel Metallic.
BlueBeastCTD4x4 is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech support junkie
 
powerstroke8994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scenery hill/washington pa
Posts: 4,969
Thanks: 222
Thanked 664 Times in 442 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Ya know pickups are alot different than medium and heavy trucks. Unless its just using its own exh heat it will always display when the filter needs a regen. You can start a parked regen or or drive it. Sometimes you must do a parked regen on a truck too. 7492 will agree on this too. You may only see this message a few times depending on how you drive the truck and a bunch other things. They are making these new trucks try and do all the regening without us having to make a big deal about it. Only way to know is as a few said look at your mileage or install a pyro gauge

2014_F-250_Platinum
SOLD-2010_48re
SOLD_2013 MEGA_g56_laramie_Loaded
CUMMINS & N SERIES
Powering Americas Future
powerstroke8994 is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Cummins Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Riverton KS
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
how long does it take befor the fillter is full and is it something that can be cleaned out on your own or are you at the mercy of the dealer
mattyl is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech support junkie
 
powerstroke8994's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scenery hill/washington pa
Posts: 4,969
Thanks: 222
Thanked 664 Times in 442 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl View Post
how long does it take befor the fillter is full and is it something that can be cleaned out on your own or are you at the mercy of the dealer
Your filter needs to be cleaned every 100,000 or 3000hr(i think the hr is correct) You can take it to your local cummins dealer to have it cleaned or take it to chrysler. No you can not clean it yourself. The filter has to be heated for XXXX amount of time then its blow out or shaken out. Im not too sure excatly how the cleaner does it thing cause we dont have one. Our dealers cheap and wont spend the 50,000 they cost.lol I know ATOUCH on here works for cummins and we send our crap out to so i bet he can tell you

2014_F-250_Platinum
SOLD-2010_48re
SOLD_2013 MEGA_g56_laramie_Loaded
CUMMINS & N SERIES
Powering Americas Future
powerstroke8994 is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Diesel Head
 
7492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Monessen ,Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,559
Thanks: 434
Thanked 249 Times in 204 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke8994 View Post
Your filter needs to be cleaned every 100,000 or 3000hr(i think the hr is correct) You can take it to your local cummins dealer to have it cleaned or take it to chrysler. No you can not clean it yourself. The filter has to be heated for XXXX amount of time then its blow out or shaken out. Im not too sure excatly how the cleaner does it thing cause we dont have one. Our dealers cheap and wont spend the 50,000 they cost.lol I know ATOUCH on here works for cummins and we send our crap out to so i bet he can tell you
Are you sure about cleaning the Dodge version ? Remember the truck ones we see can be taken apart to cleaned. Look at the Dodge AKA Blue Tec, and I'm not so sure. Did you read the 100 K 3000hr?

07 Megacab 3500 4x4 6.7Liter 68RFE 22 MPG highway.
2011 Durango Hemi Loaded
09 Freightliner M2 33k GVW ISC 360/1050 RFO9210
7492 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome