Join Date: Mar 2013
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2012 best way to 500 rwhp
Hello all you gurus. I have been a member on this forum for some time but haven't made a lot of posts. I have 3 trucks all purchased from the classifieds here. I have a 1991.5 Intercooled W250 as my beater truck, with a fuel pin, timing bump, Bosch injectors, upgraded turbo, pushing close to 300HP I guess. I then have a 2006 Mega 2500 with Stainless twin turbo 5 wheels, twin cp3's, 60% over injectors, Banks intercooler, big intake with heater delete, ported head, which pushes about 800HP to a Garmon stage 4 trans. This truck is my toy.
My last truck is a 2012 2500 limited that is deleted with a Raceme programmer running the performance tune. Well, it just blew the head gasket, so I am putting it back together with ARP 625 head studs. The Raceme tune is not enough for me, so I would like to get this thing up to at least 500 RWHP. From my research I will need to upgrade the trans, which I plan on sending to Garmon for a stage 2 upgrade. It seems that I will need to add a lift pump. Also, it seems that I will need more boost. I would like to go to twin turbos, using the stock turbo if possible and adding a second one, probably a 475. I also am planning on going to EFI live. Here are my questions:
1. Is this the best turbo setup? I would prefer to keep the turbine brake, and then I would only need to buy one new turbo. I do have an extra 2nd gen manifold if I need to change manifolds. I don't need the turbine brake, so tell me if this doesn't make sense. I want to keep the EGT's down, and from what I have read 500HP with only the stock turbo is going to get hot, if I can even get it there.
2. Will the stock fuel pump keep up, if it has a lift pump?
3. I am pretty sure I can reach my goal with stock injectors, but tell me if they need to be over sized.
4. Should I put a Banks intercooler on it? Also, do I need an aftermarket intake? I do want to retain the grid heater.
5. Anything else I am missing?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Last edited by Ambull; 05-13-2017 at 12:31 PM.