Cummins Diesel Forum banner

HELP AutoCal EFI live flash failure

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  BlessedBeThyRam 
#1 ·
Need some serious help.
I just followed the steps necessary to unlock and flash my new tune onto my truck.
I had previous ecm failure and got a new one installed at the dealer.
Truck has been running fine, besides egr codes everywhere.
Decided to get the tune back on it.
The truck is now locked out and I need to get to work in the morning.
What experience with flashing new tunes on to an ecm does anyone have??

#7 ·
Yes, Your tuner is going to need the new serial # off of the new ECM you put in and probably send you a new stock file,etc.

Reactions: BlessedBeThyRam
#8 ·
^^^ this the tune is locked to a specific ecm if you replaced the ecm your tuner will need to send you tunes linked to that ecm you'll need to give him the serial# and the ecn# I believe off the new ecm

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
yes the tunes are VIN specific as well as the EFI license. keeps you from buying a tune once, and then just buying multiple licenses and loading the tunes in all your buddies trucks

#12 ·
if you licensed your new ECM, then you will be good. the tunes you had from old ECM aren't working because it is seeing a different ECM now. i'm sure anarchy will send you new tunes with updated ECM and you'll be just fine. all the EFI vin license is doing is validating that ECM to that flash device, and basically saying nothing here is stolen or being used more than once.

#13 ·
Hopefully you all can chime in.
Anarchy closes at 4-central 5-eastern, so there is no damn way for me to work with them as I try and do this.
Left work early just to try and get this done still missed them,so we try again tomorrow!
But I need my damn truck running. Can I take the stock file and tune it back after I have unlocked the ecm?
How will that effect the tune they are to provide me, my VIN license, etc...?

Thanks

#14 · (Edited)
Bad news. Anarchy Diesel has advised that the ecm is dead again. They recommend I send it out to recover it. Although my unlock and flashing had shown 100% completion, a voltage drop or battery short could have caused the failure. Has anyone encountered this? They said the tune file should have been applicable to the new ecm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.