Full Delete and Tuning ? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Full Delete and Tuning ?

I purchased a 14' 6.7 cummins a few months ago with 40k and I'm wanting to delete everything as soon as possible, so ive been doing a lot of research considering Im really not familiar with the emission trucks, (my last truck was 2002 6 speed ).......So the i want to delete the EGR, DPF filter, DEF tank, ( replacing with full 5 inch exhaust, GDP intake horn with grid heater relocate, GDP Air Boss, GDP EGR cooler conversion lines, CCV open air breather, ) Does this look right for a full delete ??? not sure where to get my tunes from.....some suggestions would be great!!! Thanks

2014 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed, S&B Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:54 PM
Cummins Fan

That's a pretty complete list. The only thing I would be wary of is the CCV breather as it seems to be somewhat problematic on the 13+ trucks, but your tuner can tune out the code that pops up.

I'm using the MM3 tuned by Anarchy and I love it so far! Smoother shifts, no more lugging, better throttle response, and an overall healthier sounding truck.

Of course, you could use EFILive with an Edge CTS/Bullydog or the new EZLynk (once available) to delete as well. There's plenty of good tuners out there and a slew of threads singing their various praises. I would spend a little time communicating with a few of them and reading through the available threads to see who suits your needs the best.
3brorce and Stammy like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Diesel Freakazoid

Garage
I would go with Anarchy for the tunes, Phil with anarchy @3brorce should be able to help you with that, and i believe he can even source the parts as well. You can also talk with Ash @DieselPowerProducts and get everything from him, including the Anarchy tunes as they are a vendor for Anarchy. And you can also scroll through the vendor section here and talk to as many vendors as you would like, but those 2 guys right there are who i would talk to, and even spend money with. Great service, great knowledge, and great guys to deal with.

Also, GDP is a great source for everything you named there, and they are also a site vendor and can help you out on here as well
3brorce likes this.

2012 MCSB DRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn, EFI Live By ANARCHY Diesel, 4" flopro turbo back with muffler, S&B air box and filter, Edge Insight CTS2, 2" HBS level, Bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners with steering stabilizer, PacBrake Airbags, Lifetime LED headlights and my EGR stuff ran away, lemme know if you find it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SUPPORT SITE VENDORS, THEY MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:49 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
If you plan on increasing power at all, look at getting a stronger clutch. I have a '14 6.7 with RaceMe tuner (wanted to be able to revert to stock with more covertness for warranty) and with even the 30HP tune I can slip the clutch.... with less than 30k on the clock. No experience with other tuners, but it was stupid simple to unlock, delete, tune. Franz is working on updating his instructions to be a bit clearer as well. I've heard good things about the EFI Live crew. On the raceme there is a lot of TQM below 1500 rpm which can be corrected with custom tuning (saves your factory clutch from eating itself, but it's still a matter of time).

I have a 5" turbo back on and get no drone except under heavy load in the mountains when towing. Not sure what everyone says the drone is, it's louder than stock, sure. But until you've had a straight piped 6.0 with stacks, you don't know what drone is. LOL.

Out of all the emissions stuff, the CCV is the only thing I believe actually makes a difference. The gasses that get reburned from it are really really really bad stuff, but that is up to you to decide.

So far I've just unplugged the egr/throttle valve and have the 5" turbo back. The easier it is to be back in warranty compliance the better. And WOW did the truck wake up. Drove it about 1000 miles stock before doing all the changes. Can honestly say that on the highway at 75mph I am getting a hand calc'd 25mpg. Stock I had gotten 22mpg in the same conditions.

'14 2500 Laramie 4x4 G56, RaceMe Tuned, 5" TBE, 2Low, BD Power Steering Brace, SB Street Dual Disc, GN & Tow Package, RAX WifiConnect Upcoming Mods: undercoating, 4-corner air ride (source TBD), larger inverter, more air and fuel, lighting upgrades
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stammy View Post
If you plan on increasing power at all, look at getting a stronger clutch. I have a '14 6.7 with RaceMe tuner (wanted to be able to revert to stock with more covertness for warranty) and with even the 30HP tune I can slip the clutch.... with less than 30k on the clock. No experience with other tuners, but it was stupid simple to unlock, delete, tune. Franz is working on updating his instructions to be a bit clearer as well. I've heard good things about the EFI Live crew. On the raceme there is a lot of TQM below 1500 rpm which can be corrected with custom tuning (saves your factory clutch from eating itself, but it's still a matter of time).

I have a 5" turbo back on and get no drone except under heavy load in the mountains when towing. Not sure what everyone says the drone is, it's louder than stock, sure. But until you've had a straight piped 6.0 with stacks, you don't know what drone is. LOL.

Out of all the emissions stuff, the CCV is the only thing I believe actually makes a difference. The gasses that get reburned from it are really really really bad stuff, but that is up to you to decide.

So far I've just unplugged the egr/throttle valve and have the 5" turbo back. The easier it is to be back in warranty compliance the better. And WOW did the truck wake up. Drove it about 1000 miles stock before doing all the changes. Can honestly say that on the highway at 75mph I am getting a hand calc'd 25mpg. Stock I had gotten 22mpg in the same conditions.
25mpg? keep that set up and truck. Warranty compliance is long gone.
Stammy, Loki223 and Mmecsics like this.

2011,4wd LB/CC 2500 H&S Mini MCC by Tommygun, BD protect 68rfe VB seperator plate enhanced stall triple disk TC, Super B 64.5/80/.80 3rd gen mani & inline EB, Arp 425s, Fass Titanium 95. Spare Mini in my closet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
High tech old school and finally lovin it.
The Following User Says Thank You to N of 60 For This Useful Post:
Stammy (02-22-2017)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Diesel Freak

I really like my tuning from Anarchy. Their customer service has been great. I still deal with the dead pedal issue. I run my throttle sensitivity booster at 50% with their tuning to help with the dead pedal even more. I'm eventually going to ask Patrick at Anarchy to make adjustments so I hopefully don't need to use the booster. Patrick mentioned that adjusting the throttle response too much can make the truck too responsive and create a clunking sound.

Hopefully Anarchy can improve it a bit more without creating problems. I haven't asked for any adjustments because I'm still trying to decide if I want to order the revmax valve body.

2014 Red/Silver 2500 MegaCab, Amsoil Bypass, Rough Country LED light bar, Firestone assist bags with wireless system, and custom switches for both.
THANKS for all the info
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stammy View Post

I have tried repeatedly to get a hold of Franz or anyone else there for that matter, with no luck. How do you contact them?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:41 PM

Kory Willis - EFI Live Autocal ..... at PPEI

Craig
2016 Crewcab Larame
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:00 PM
Diesel Freak

Does PPEI tune with MM3?

2014 Red/Silver 2500 MegaCab, Amsoil Bypass, Rough Country LED light bar, Firestone assist bags with wireless system, and custom switches for both.
THANKS for all the info
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I really like my tuning from Anarchy. Their customer service has been great. I still deal with the dead pedal issue. I run my throttle sensitivity booster at 50% with their tuning to help with the dead pedal even more. I'm eventually going to ask Patrick at Anarchy to make adjustments so I hopefully don't need to use the booster. Patrick mentioned that adjusting the throttle response too much can make the truck too responsive and create a clunking sound.

Hopefully Anarchy can improve it a bit more without creating problems. I haven't asked for any adjustments because I'm still trying to decide if I want to order the revmax valve body.
Isn't the fix for dead pedal called mafless tuning? Sorry for the high jack.

01 4x4 2500 quad cab long box, lots of stuff (sold)
08 F350 CCSB 6.4 many mods,still a POS. Traded off.
2012 CCSB 3500 Leveled,Black Maxx,Flo pro,OPT7 leds
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,262 Times in 2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRobinson View Post
Isn't the fix for dead pedal called mafless tuning? Sorry for the high jack.

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Does PPEI tune with MM3?

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 09:51 AM

OK so I downloaded updates from dieseltunerpros.com for my H&S. The next day my screen went black! My h&s is dead!! Damn the luck!
I'm just getting the word out that there are bunk h&s updates and h&s tuners out there! Be careful guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode