Newbie to 4th gen Tuning - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Newbie to 4th gen Tuning

So please forgive me if this question has been covered. I recently bought a 2013 Ram 2500. I got if from a used car dealer with no prior history on the vehicle. It has a straight turbo back exhaust. No Cat, DEF, muffler, etc. Looking under the hood it appears everything is stock with no mods. In the cab it has a CSP4 switch in the dash with the pass through OBD2. While driving it when you turn to the different positions on the switch it doesn't feel like anything changes. At some point I would like to add an EFI tuner. The engine runs great, no MIL lights on the dash. Is it safe to assume the truck has been programmed? If so, is it safe to assume the ECM has been unlocked (Bully Dog not needed)? I know, a lot of assuming.. Also, the way the transmission shifts is obnoxious! Any help would be great!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
If it has no DPF I would say you already have some form of tune as it would not run without all the sensors hooked up.
You may just have a single tune file loaded which render the switch useless.
As far as trans shifting goes I think most tuners include a trans tune but some don't so whatever the tune is may not have any sort of trans tuning

2011 CCSB, White, 8" BDS LA Lift, Deleted, H&S Mini Maxx, S&B intake, 20x12 moto metal 962, 37x13.5 Toyo Open Country MT
The Following User Says Thank You to BigE_RAM For This Useful Post:
welderjon63 (02-16-2017)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

So fair to say the ECM is unlocked?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Diesel Freak

Garage
As far as the trans shifting obnoxious... I ain't 100% sure but I think switching tunes around on the fly without giving it time to relearn is a bad idea. I ain't an auto guy so I can't say for sure.. just trying to remember what all I have read....

Black 2012 ram 2500, Gladly tuned by anarchy, 465 turbo, 5" exhaust, 5" lift 35's on dc wheels,frontier front bumper(due to deer) southbend dd clutch....more to come!!!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Diesel Head

Yeah it has to be tuned being it's deleted but I don't think there's anyway of telling whether or not it has trans tuning so who knows if the previous owner payed for trans tuning unless you can contact him. It's a tough call but if it where me I'd probably get my own set of tunes from a tuner I trust that way I know what's in there

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon, SD 5 blade compounds on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode