Edge 13-17 Ram 6.7L Cummins Juice w/ Attitude CTS2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Edge 13-17 Ram 6.7L Cummins Juice w/ Attitude CTS2

I got stock 2016 2500 CTD. Want to keep it stock. Would 13-17 Ram 6.7L Cummins Juice w/ Attitude CTS2 be beneficial in any way? I will not be towing anything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You say you wanna keep the truck stock, but you wanna put a Tuner on it. Which one is it?? Keep it stock or tune it?

If you're not gonna be towing anything, why did you get a truck that's made to tow heavy? You would have been better off with a 1500.

'17 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
'16 Unlimited Rubicon
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Stock has in not deleting anything. A tuner to give a few more hp or more mpg's. That's what I'm looking at it if that's possible?

I got the truck because I wanted a diesel, 4x4, crew cab to fit 6 people. Something that would last me forever if I take care of it. If I ever needed to tow something heavy I know I could. I just made a trip from Fort Walton Beach to Chattanooga and back. Hand calculated 21.5 mpg's. I don't know if I can beat that with a tuner that's why Im asking.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:18 PM
Cummins Fan

It is a popular opinion that if longevity and mileage is what your seeking and that's it... deletes are the way to go.. a lot less heat, a lot less parts to fail, a lot less stress and strain and restrictions on motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned them all...some BLEW...SOME FLEW!!!
Currently own:2011 RAM 3500 DRW LONGHORN 6SPD AUTO,3.73,FULL DELETE'S,AFE INTAKE,5''TURBO BACK,H&S MINI WITH OVERDRIVE.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Diesel Head

Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
with 21.5 mpg you should be thrilled! MAJOR downfall of a tuner is very likely forfeiting your drivetrain warranty. when you get past the warranty and feel the need for some more hp, give it a shot.

2010 CCSB 4x4 Big Horn 68rfe. EFI Live Anarchy,Reunel bumpers,Warn PowerPlant,37/12.50-20 Toyo R/Ts,Raceline 20x9 +12,Carli 3" 2.5 pintop,Marathon seat covers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to grporter For This Useful Post:
N of 60 (02-14-2017)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Cummins Fan

Edge 13-17 Ram 6.7L Cummins Juice w/ Attitude CTS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grporter View Post
with 21.5 mpg you should be thrilled! MAJOR downfall of a tuner is very likely forfeiting your drivetrain warranty. when you get past the warranty and feel the need for some more hp, give it a shot.

Welllllllll.... there is that .. lol

If your getting a true 21.5 mpg .. I wouldn't touch it... someone already did with a magic wand apparently!... 17.8 is my best hwy ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned them all...some BLEW...SOME FLEW!!!
Currently own:2011 RAM 3500 DRW LONGHORN 6SPD AUTO,3.73,FULL DELETE'S,AFE INTAKE,5''TURBO BACK,H&S MINI WITH OVERDRIVE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode