straight pipe vs FTE resonator - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
straight pipe vs FTE resonator

i'm searched a bunch all over but still can't find a video of a true straight pipe compared to a FTE installed...anyone find one? or have one? i want to lose some drone inside but i still want that raw sound of a 5" straight pipe....i no this is beating a half dead horse but figured i would throw it out there

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Diesel Freak

I've saw a video, but it didn't help much. I ran a straight pipe for about a month before it was about to drive me nuts because of the drone and how loud it was. I bought the 30fte and it now has a nice toned sound. It's definitely not quitwe but nowhere near as loud a straight piped. I couldn't be happier. I had an aero resonator on my last truck and they both sound just as good, however, the fte seems to be holding up much better.

2015 black 3500 Big Horn CC with Aisin, PPEI, FTE 30in. AFE Momentum, BD throttle sensitivity booster.
Sold- 2007.5 MC
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctate View Post
I've saw a video, but it didn't help much. I ran a straight pipe for about a month before it was about to drive me nuts because of the drone and how loud it was. I bought the 30fte and it now has a nice toned sound. It's definitely not quitwe but nowhere near as loud a straight piped. I couldn't be happier. I had an aero resonator on my last truck and they both sound just as good, however, the fte seems to be holding up much better.
ok thanks man, i'm also interested if even a Flomaster outlaw muffler would kill some drone...even though it isn't exactly a "resonator" i'll keep looking into it

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

get the 17 in FTE, place it as close to the down pipe as possible. It will kill the drone. You will still be able to hear your truck.

2015, 2500, CC/SB, 4x4, G56, tuned by PPEI...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Cummins Fan

I just deleted my truck this weekend and bought a 17" FTE to go in my flo pro 5" straight pipe. I have a mega cab, and I just put the fte and the extension pipe for the CCLB and it fit perfectly. I didn't put the fte up by the downpipe because the hangers won't line up if you do. It sounds just like my buddy's 2012 with a true straight pipe and is barely louder than stock in the cab. Barely.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Cummins Fan

I'm getting ready to do the same thing and have been searching for a comparison video as well. Sounds like something is going to be needed to handle the drone.

2012 6.7 Short box Crew Cab Laramie
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
i have a 4" flo pro w a muffler.

I took the muffler off and went straight for a bit, drone bothered my kids so i bought a FTE 30" Didnt like it, was quieter than the muffler.

Put muffler back on.

Endeavor to Persevere
14 2500 BAP/RC 5"/Toyo RT 37's/PP Adjustable Track Bar/Mayhem Warrior 20x9 (0)/Clazzio Leather/Yukon 4:56's/AFE Stage 2 CAI/Raceme Ultra/4" Flo Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode