Calibrated mm3 tuning - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

4Likes
  • 1 Post By rab38
  • 3 Post By Calibrated Power

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Calibrated mm3 tuning

Looking for a little feedback.

I bought the mm3 package from calibrated power including their trans tuning. I have had it about 3 weeks now. I have been having an issue with the trans tuning where the 1-2 shift is having issues. on any tune with throttle input above 50-60% it will shutter when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. All other shifts and torque converter lock ups seem to work good.

I have brought the issue up to my sales person and he keeps telling me it is trans learning and I need to give it time and varied throttle inputs. I had them send me an updated tune and it seemed to help a little but I am still dealing with the issue and I have driven over a week on it and about a tank of fuel... At this point I am afraid it is damaging the trans. The heavy tow tune doesn't do it bad but going up to the next tune Light tow, it does it pretty bad. I wont even try the higher horsepower tunes becasue of this.

Seems to me that some data logging would be a good idea to see what is happening? I cant seem to get anywhere with them on that. When I turned the truck back to stock it does not have this issue so I know it is in the tuning.

For guys that have this tuning or efi live and trans tuning, how long did it take for your trans to learn? Any other thoughts?

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 Laramie maximum steel
SOLD-2005 Ram 2500 4x4 4.10 gears, Smarty UDC, ED twins, Exergy 80%,II 85% cp3. Dyno????? Time??????
The Following User Says Thank You to rab38 For This Useful Post:
07tncummins (02-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab38 View Post
Looking for a little feedback.

I bought the mm3 package from calibrated power including their trans tuning. I have had it about 3 weeks now. I have been having an issue with the trans tuning where the 1-2 shift is having issues. on any tune with throttle input above 50-60% it will shutter when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. All other shifts and torque converter lock ups seem to work good.

I have brought the issue up to my sales person and he keeps telling me it is trans learning and I need to give it time and varied throttle inputs. I had them send me an updated tune and it seemed to help a little but I am still dealing with the issue and I have driven over a week on it and about a tank of fuel... At this point I am afraid it is damaging the trans. The heavy tow tune doesn't do it bad but going up to the next tune Light tow, it does it pretty bad. I wont even try the higher horsepower tunes becasue of this.

Seems to me that some data logging would be a good idea to see what is happening? I cant seem to get anywhere with them on that. When I turned the truck back to stock it does not have this issue so I know it is in the tuning.

For guys that have this tuning or efi live and trans tuning, how long did it take for your trans to learn? Any other thoughts?

I have ran their tuning for a few thousand miles on the jack tunes with efi live. The trans never had a shutter at any time for me. Truck drove good. It will definitely go through a trans re learn where you can get some odd shifts here and there. The biggest things during the re learn time is sometimes the trans will feel great and lock up good with a nice positive shift and then you might get a random one every once in a while that feel sloppy. Also you will get some rough downshifts for a while in the tow haul mode. The re learn in my opinion is going to make the trans much more consistent to you style. If you have a rough shutter that might not be something the re learn will get rid of. I can say that I think it took a couple thousand miles of mixed driving to get the trans running good and consistent. You monitoring your line pressure during the problem ? Is it locked or unlocked ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:40 PM
Cummins Fan

As I understand mm3 hasnt released datalogging yet. I havent flashed my truck yet, I'll be using the mm3 with Anarchy Tunes. I was told run the tow tune driving around in in-town traffic, stop and go ect, let it learn for 30 miles or so before switching to a higher tunes

2.2BAR in my 4cyl street car

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 12:53 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,262 Times in 2,262 Posts
Increasing horsepower can have that effect on a 68rfe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 05:50 PM
Supporting Vendors

I believe I called you today and left you a message. Give us a call when you get a chance and will make sure we find the issues. -Jim

Calibrated Power Solutions
Setting the Standard in Emission Equipped Tuning
Clean, Smokeless, Reliable Power
Cummins/Duramax/CaseIH/Deere/New Holland

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

815-568-7920 Ext 2126 Jim Rendant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Jim
I spoke to James earlier today, he sent me an updated file to try. Sorry I missed your call earlier.

SOLD-2005 Ram 2500 4x4 4.10 gears, Smarty UDC, ED twins, Exergy 80%,II 85% cp3. Dyno????? Time??????
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:20 AM

Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab38 View Post
Jim
I spoke to James earlier today, he sent me an updated file to try. Sorry I missed your call earlier.
It has been a week since your last post, are your shift issues smoothed out yet?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Calibrated Power MM3 with eng/trans tunes myself and am interested in your feedback.

2010 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 currently all stock
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr View Post
It has been a week since your last post, are your shift issues smoothed out yet?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Calibrated Power MM3 with eng/trans tunes myself and am interested in your feedback.
I am interested as well.

2016 Laramie - at the moment all stock.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Just received new tunes today. Had to update the firmware then download the new files. What a difference, no more shifting issues and the shifts are more firm than before. Only put about 30 miles on it so far but it seems to be fixed.
rainman likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to rab38 For This Useful Post:
Calibrated Power (02-27-2017)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Supporting Vendors

All issues should be addressed. Please don't hesitate to contact me with more questions or if anyone is interested in purchasing the MM3 from us... I can be reached at the number in my signature.

Calibrated Power Solutions
Setting the Standard in Emission Equipped Tuning
Clean, Smokeless, Reliable Power
Cummins/Duramax/CaseIH/Deere/New Holland

815-568-7920 Ext 2126 Jim Rendant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode