2nd gen swap and no power - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
APC

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2nd gen swap and no power

so I just got done installing my fleece S463 2nd gen swap on Thursday, gotta give it to fleece this kit is pretty fricken awesome. super clean install with the new coolant tank and A.C lines, everything went together great.
I put in the new tunes from ppei and fired her up... she started right up and runs great at idle... when I went to take it for the first drive I noticed that it has no power.. boost maxes out at about 12lbs give or take and the fuel rail pressure at about 16kpsi tops and it takes it a bit to get there, its runnin like an old tractor! it is super laggy and just aint runnin right. got back in the drive way and triple checked everything thinking that maybe I had a boost leak or a loose connection somewhere but everything looks good.
anyone have any ideas?? this thing is a dog!
I will prob take a data log and get it to kory Monday but wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this sorta problem?

also installed a bd inline exhaust brake at the same time since I no longer have the VGT, it also is not activating?
the kit says it is supposed to run off the factory switch on the dash and operate the same as factory. double checked everything on that as well and its all good!
I have no idea what is going on. maybe tuning??
any input is appreciated.

2015 Ram 3500, G56, SBC 3250GK, Fleece S463 2nd gen swap, glacier intake ram, 5'' exhaust, air dog 165 4G, EFI csp4 by PPEI, 6'' BDS, 35''toyos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Diesel Head

Unless the exhaust brake is in the closed position for some reason not allowing it to build boost? Either that or u have a boost leak somewhere..

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Sport Pearl White.. Stock for now
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Diesel Freak

Did u have your tune written for the swap? I know before I got mine retuned after the 2nd gen my maf wasn't adjusted correctly to the intake I am using and it was doing pretty much what u are explaining. Took a couple data logs and had everything good to go with a new tune adjusted accordingly

2016 - bw s467.7, steed speed manifold, turbo smart bov, aa motorworks 6" intake and 3.5" intercooler piping, gdp intake horn, 4" tbe, fass 150, exergy 10mm cp3, ddp 90hp nozzles, Hamilton 103lb springs and hd pushrods, arp 625s, efilive, isspro egt/drive pressure/boost, pacbrake oil filter relocation.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:19 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,176 Times in 2,188 Posts
Codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaramasaur View Post
Unless the exhaust brake is in the closed position for some reason not allowing it to build boost? Either that or u have a boost leak somewhere..
than was one of my first thoughts.. but the brake never even turned on once.. and i checked the flap its in the open position

2015 Ram 3500, G56, SBC 3250GK, Fleece S463 2nd gen swap, glacier intake ram, 5'' exhaust, air dog 165 4G, EFI csp4 by PPEI, 6'' BDS, 35''toyos
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by railin 6.7 View Post
Did u have your tune written for the swap? I know before I got mine retuned after the 2nd gen my maf wasn't adjusted correctly to the intake I am using and it was doing pretty much what u are explaining. Took a couple data logs and had everything good to go with a new tune adjusted accordingly
I did the tune upgrade on ppei website with a detailed description on what i was adding to the truck... they said no prob and i had the tunes 2 days later.
I drove it again yesterday and did have two codes pop up, first one was '' P1474 Leak detect solenoid circuit open'' second one was '' U010c Lost communication with turbo charger''
I cleared them with the insight and they came right back.. parked the truck for about 2 hrs and tried again this time clearing them with the autocal, took it for another 30 min drive and the codes havnt come back yet!
i am no expert on tunning but it kinda seems like that could be the culprit.. im hoping anyway.
this truck only has 10k miles on it and its been deleted since 60 miles and it has always ran great, im hoping some new tune files will get her where she needs to be.
i was so excited about this swap.. im pretty bumed right now, just hoping for an easy fix.
i thought about maybe havin fleece tune it since it is there kit i installed?
any thoughts??

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Cummins Fanatic

I am no help but would love to see pictures of the swap
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,176 Times in 2,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by APC View Post
I did the tune upgrade on ppei website with a detailed description on what i was adding to the truck... they said no prob and i had the tunes 2 days later.

I drove it again yesterday and did have two codes pop up, first one was '' P1474 Leak detect solenoid circuit open'' second one was '' U010c Lost communication with turbo charger''

I cleared them with the insight and they came right back.. parked the truck for about 2 hrs and tried again this time clearing them with the autocal, took it for another 30 min drive and the codes havnt come back yet!

i am no expert on tunning but it kinda seems like that could be the culprit.. im hoping anyway.

this truck only has 10k miles on it and its been deleted since 60 miles and it has always ran great, im hoping some new tune files will get her where she needs to be.

i was so excited about this swap.. im pretty bumed right now, just hoping for an easy fix.

i thought about maybe havin fleece tune it since it is there kit i installed?

any thoughts??

Ppei will get it, they just seem to be missing the correct code kills. Contact Kory directly would be my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSINND View Post
I am no help but would love to see pictures of the swap

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Diesel Head

No wonder you don't have power... there's paper in the compressor shroud.
BobSagetIsGod? likes this.

-2008 6.7l QCLB 4x4,g56,J-67(23ME),valair DD,64.5/72/14,2nd gen mani,arp 425's,boost and pyro... -1993 W250 CCLB...
-1996 brewed s14 w/ 386 rwhp & 341 rwtq @19psi twinscroll baby!!!(gt3076r)
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
APC

this is the truck with the swap
railin 6.7 and BobSagetIsGod? like this.

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Diesel Freak

For the aftermarket exhaust brake.

"BD Diesel has tested this kit with H&S, Bully Dog and Smarty box tuners.
EFI Live and other custom tuning must not disable the VGT operation. See information below.
The following is an example from a 2009 truck, others will be similar.
EFI Live:
F1030 VGT Module Fitted must be set to YES,
E8756 Turbo Speed Sensor Fitted must be set to YES. All relevant P-trouble codes must be disabled."

Here are step to troubleshoot your BD brake.

1. Unplug the compressor and apply 12v to make sure it's working.
2. If #1 works, plug it back in and test the relay if its working or replace it with a known good one just for elimination process and also check the function of the regulator.
3. Open the control box then (make sure everything is connected and dash switch is on) and press the test button.
EB should be enabled. If not, you have a bad control box. I still think your tune is the culprit though for eb issue but BD sells the manual switch Good luck! Btw, BD's costumer service is awesome, they took care of me when i had issue few months back.

07.5 6.7L 2500, Straight flange 2nd gen, ARP 625, Thuren/Carli goodies.
The Following User Says Thank You to tob_e For This Useful Post:
APC (02-05-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode