2nd gen swap and no power - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Anarchy Diesel

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,120 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by APC View Post
i figured that,
sunday was when i finally figured out how to complete and upload the data log, if i even did it correctly? i wouldnt know cause no one gets back to me! so i figured i would just send it over sunday and hope for something to come threw monday. even if it was just a reply letting me know that they received it and they had what they needed to do the re tune.. my truck has been down for a week and a half now and i have been trying to figure out the datalog procedure since last thursday, so i emailed Kory and he had told me to call in and they would walk me threw it, but you cant get threw to them on the phone unless you have 2 hrs to wait on hold, i tried on fri and Mon. i understand what its like to be super busy all the time kinda the story of my life!
would just be nice to get a reply or something just to let me know that they got the data log and that they are working on it, or if they need anything else from me on my end.
Not tryin to be a pain!
I believe they have data logging instruction on their website. All you have to do is go into scan tool, select pids and record data. Record what you want them to see and hook up to a computer and use efilive explorer, go into the scan folder and attach that log in an email to them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

708-990-7006
Anarchy Diesel Tuning
EFI Live BETA Tester
Custom tuning with EFI Live/H&S MCC/HP Tuners/WARP/EZ Lynk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
APC

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thanks man, sounds like i did it right.
i actually just got an email from Kory, sounds like hes on it... we are just trying to figure out if the BD exhust brake will work like they say it will with the factory switch on the dash.. doesnt seem like its going to on this new of a truck! hopefully i can get a switch to activate it or i bought that thing for nothing!!

2015 Ram 3500, G56, SBC 3250GK, Fleece S463 2nd gen swap, glacier intake ram, 5'' exhaust, air dog 165 4G, EFI csp4 by PPEI, 6'' BDS, 35''toyos
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Diesel Freak

Patience my friend, it's tough out there for these guys as there are many in your boat I'm sure. I've had countless hours of data logging and exchanging emails and being on the phone with my tuner and his associates trying to get things right. It'll get figured out and you'll be a happy customer. Having ucc coming up doesn't help as most people are all trying to get their trucks completed and ready for the comp. I was to the point of trailering my truck down to my tuner personally for help with things but eventually it got figured out.

2016 - bw s467.7, steed speed manifold, turbo smart bov, aa motorworks 6" intake and 3.5" intercooler piping, gdp intake horn, 4" tbe, fass 150, exergy 10mm cp3, ddp 90hp nozzles, Hamilton 103lb springs and hd pushrods, arp 625s, efilive, isspro egt/drive pressure/boost, pacbrake oil filter relocation.

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by railin 6.7 View Post
Patience my friend, it's tough out there for these guys as there are many in your boat I'm sure. I've had countless hours of data logging and exchanging emails and being on the phone with my tuner and his associates trying to get things right. It'll get figured out and you'll be a happy customer. Having ucc coming up doesn't help as most people are all trying to get their trucks completed and ready for the comp. I was to the point of trailering my truck down to my tuner personally for help with things but eventually it got figured out.
I hear ya, i tend to get a little anxious when my truck is down and i dont know whats going on with it. all kinds of thoughts run through my head..LOL
Paul from ppei got back to me today and boy was he great to work with! in a matter of 15 min he sent me some tunes to get me up and runnin until we can tweak the final tune to work with the exhaust brake. Let me tell you this truck is a whole new animal now that its running right...
cant wait to get the tunes right were we want um this thing is gonna be a beast. ppei came threw for me with great service once they were aware that i had been tryin to reach them. tomorrow we will be trying another tune that paul sent me this afternoon that he thinks will work with the exhaust brake.. cant wait!
also gotta give it to Fleece this kit is awesome, all the parts included fit great and it ended up being a super clean install.
the drivability is great, low end power is much better than stock turbo and it so nice to have that whistle back!
i will keep everyone posted on the performance of this kit once i get some hard miles on it.. ill be pullin 14k with it this weekend.
railin 6.7 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to APC For This Useful Post:
Sly1types (05-30-2017)
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:10 AM
Diesel Freak

That's awesome to hear! I've been anxious for ya and wondering about this most the day. Give us some updates when u can, and enjoy the new truck!

2016 - bw s467.7, steed speed manifold, turbo smart bov, aa motorworks 6" intake and 3.5" intercooler piping, gdp intake horn, 4" tbe, fass 150, exergy 10mm cp3, ddp 90hp nozzles, Hamilton 103lb springs and hd pushrods, arp 625s, efilive, isspro egt/drive pressure/boost, pacbrake oil filter relocation.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 03:21 AM
Cummins Fan

Does it sound like a 5.9 now? Haha

Do have any other performance mods or did you just want to get rid of the VGT?

Install looks great btw.

2011 3500 Laramie EGR/DPF/TB/CCV delete, 5" straight pipe, AnarchyDieselTuning
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfrog View Post
Does it sound like a 5.9 now? Haha

Do have any other performance mods or did you just want to get rid of the VGT?

Install looks great btw.
it does indeed... i havnt had the radio an once in the past two days!
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
APC

as for an update on tuning, Paul from PPEI and i have been going back and fourth with BD on how to get the tuning right so the exhaust brake will function with the factory switch.
From what i can gather BD hasn't tested this kit with efi live tuning on anything newer than a 2009 year truck.. in all of our conversations they say there is a way to tune the truck with efi so that the brake will work with the factory switch they just dont know how being that they are not tuners them selves!
Paul and Kory are considering writing some tunes for this but it could take some time to get it figured out.. those guys are awesome, they will get it!
for now it sounds like i am going to have to use BD's shifter mounted switch. i am ok with that as long as it activates and shuts the brake off with the throttle position sensor. dont want the old school manual switch that needs to be pushed and pulled every time you let off the throttle!
i am gonna give it a few days before i go that rout, waiting to hear back from ppei first on were they stand as far as creating tunes for this application.

2015 Ram 3500, G56, SBC 3250GK, Fleece S463 2nd gen swap, glacier intake ram, 5'' exhaust, air dog 165 4G, EFI csp4 by PPEI, 6'' BDS, 35''toyos
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
That's awesome to hear! I've been anxious for ya and wondering about this most the day. Give us some updates when u can, and enjoy the new truck!
Hey railin 6.7, how do you like that pac brake oil filter relocation kit? i was looking at my filter the other day after i got done with the swap thinking to my self how in the hell am i gonna change that damn oil filter..HA HA

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by APC View Post
Hey railin 6.7, how do you like that pac brake oil filter relocation kit? i was looking at my filter the other day after i got done with the swap thinking to my self how in the hell am i gonna change that damn oil filter..HA HA
I like it and being able to choose the location. Before I was having to take my intake and housing off to get the filter out, now with relocation it's just easy peezy. I located mine on the frame rail under the passenger door. I'll get a picture when I'm back around the truck this evening just to show u where I put it

post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
APC

Quote:
I like it and being able to choose the location. Before I was having to take my intake and housing off to get the filter out, now with relocation it's just easy peezy. I located mine on the frame rail under the passenger door. I'll get a picture when I'm back around the truck this evening just to show u where I put it
Nice.. id like to see. im definitely getting one. it looks like i have to take off the intercooler pipe to get to the filter right now, mite as well add the kit at the next oil change!
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:12 AM
Diesel Freak

We're in a massive storm right now so the truck is extremely dirty from many miles of muddy dirt roads, I didn't have time to spray it off this evening when getting home but tomorrow I'll get her sprayed down since I have the day off and get that picture for u. The one thing I want to do for the location I chose is to build a small guard for the filter and fittings that I can bolt in with the placement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode