Ez lynk - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,304 Posts
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Ez Lynk

I have spent the last week playing with the EZ LYNK and I am very impressed. There is still work to be finished on the Cummins but so far I love the responsive gauge layout, I am using my iPhone 7 for the monitor and the ability to download tunes via the cloud. When a new update is available you simply fetch the file and download it into the truck via the EZ LYNK's built in Wifi.

It has been awesome working both with HPP and PPEI trying new files and being able to use our ECM as a guinea pig so everything will be in line for the end users once released. I sit there at stare at my phone hourly to see if a new file is coming across to test out

James
RSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contact us for all your diesel performance needs!

219-851-1195 Monday-Sat 8am-5:30pm CST, online ordering 24/7, Please Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
no PM's

Last edited by Rollin Smoke Diesel; 01-16-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ez lynk

Where'd ya get that phone clip James
And can you show how it's mounted

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon. need donations for compounds
post #3 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Diesel Head

Also I see you have the nav radio will your phone link to the truck and ez-lynk or just one. I always have mine linked to the radio otherwise I can't hear it while driving

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon. need donations for compounds

post #4 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
Also I see you have the nav radio will your phone link to the truck and ez-lynk or just one. I always have mine linked to the radio otherwise I can't hear it while driving

The EZ Lynk uses wifi so on your phone setting you will have to be connected to that. I can't see why the phone can't be paired via bluetooth, I have never tried it but I use a bluetooth headset off the phone while using the EZ Lynk so I would assume so.

no PM's

post #5 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Quote:
Where'd ya get that phone clip James
And can you show how it's mounted

It is made by Pro Clip, you simply lift out the rubber pad from the sunglass holder and then the mount is screwed down using the existing screw holes, next you buy the adapter that works for your phone, it can be flipped vertically as well.

James
RSD

no PM's

post #6 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Diesel Head

Thanks James, see I thought the phone paired to the ez-lynk module via Bluetooth for gauges and only needed wifi for certain situations if it's connected to wifi all the time that's no bueno for me I don't have an unlimited plan

post #7 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Quote:
Thanks James, see I thought the phone paired to the ez-lynk module via Bluetooth for gauges and only needed wifi for certain situations if it's connected to wifi all the time that's no bueno for me I don't have an unlimited plan

The EZ Lynk transmits its own Wifi hotspot via the module that is plugged into the OBD port.

no PM's

Last edited by Rollin Smoke Diesel; 01-16-2017 at 07:55 PM.
post #8 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Does it lose the wifi signal when you get a call? When I wifi to my camera and I get a call I lose the wifi connection. And when the call is over I have to reconnect it. Does the lynk do it automatically? How about when you start the truck?

2011/2500/rclb/4x4/625s/S472sxe/ppe-fuelers/Anarchy-v2/300hp-nozzles/fass220/inglewood-manual-48re/caltracs/cts2/isspro/
2006/2500/cclb/4x4/Anarchy-tunes/stainless s366 kit/ Inglewood-48re/
post #9 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_psi? View Post
Does it lose the wifi signal when you get a call? When I wifi to my camera and I get a call I lose the wifi connection. And when the call is over I have to reconnect it. Does the lynk do it automatically? How about when you start the truck?
No, I have been flashing the truck while a call or text message has came in. When you turn the truck off you will lose the wifi connection. To reconnect just go into the wifi settings on your phone and select "EZLYNK" with the key on or on start up.

James
RSD

no PM's

The Following User Says Thank You to Rollin Smoke Diesel For This Useful Post:
shifty22 (02-08-2017)
post #10 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Diesel Head

Wifi or Bluetooth I'm getting confused I was told for gauges it's Bluetooth, for real time data logging and the tuner being able to see the truck wifi. I might just stick with efi this seems awfully complicated to me lol. With my luck I'd be running all over burnin my data and end up with a 1000 dollar cell bill

post #11 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Diesel Head

On another note what is goin on with that bullydog gtx that's been coming for 2 years

post #12 of 130 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Quote:
Wifi or Bluetooth I'm getting confused I was told for gauges it's Bluetooth, for real time data logging and the tuner being able to see the truck wifi. I might just stick with efi this seems awfully complicated to me lol. With my luck I'd be running all over burnin my data and end up with a 1000 dollar cell bill

Bluetooth isn't used at all buddy. Just the Wifi connection from the EZ LYNK module.

James
RSD

no PM's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode