Egr standpipe delete - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
BlackedoUT Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Egr standpipe delete

I just wanted to do a little write up on a sweet new part that offers a very clean solution to removing the egr standpipe. Feel free to pm me with any questions!

First things first, remove the intake.

Next, drain the coolant. I think the easiest way is to disconnect the lower radiator hose.

While the coolant is draining, take the inner fender off so you have easier access to the coolant bottle and coolant lines.

With the inner fender removed, you can access the lower half of the bottle now. Remove the clamp that holds the hose to the bottle.

Now remove the clamp on the other end of this same hose where it connects to the egr stand pipe.

Once all your coolant has drained, go ahead and remove this hose. Set it aside for later.

Remove the clamps for the lower heater core hose and remove this hose.

Now take this hose and flip it around backwards. It fits perfectly when you route it behind and below the coolant bottle.

Route the other end under the bottle right next to the bottle inlet/outlet.

Now go back to the coolant line we set aside for later.

Cut out just the reducer section

Next you will need a tee fitting. I personally like to use this pex fitting. Its handy because it has a reducer built in for going to the heater core and is and pointing the correct direction. The sharkbite brand part number is UC418LFA. I got it from home depot. The tee looks like this.

Put the reducer on this tee and then install with the small leg of the tee pointed towards the hose that goes to the heater core.

Now remove the single bolt that attatches the standpipe to the block. It has an 8mm head.

Remove this clamp and hose from the coolant bottle. Its the hose that was needed to bleed the coolant system when the egr was still on the truck.

Now you can finally pull that hideous stand pipe out!

Dont throw it away just yet though. You'll need the o ring.

Install the o ring on the standpipe delete fitting.

Install a 3/4 npt x 3/4 hose barb 45į fitting into the standpipe delete fitting. Orient it like this.

Lube the o ring with some coolant and install.

Using 3/4 heater hose, route some hose from the tee to the standpipe delete fitting.

Cap off this inlet on the coolant bottle.

Reinstall inner fender and intake. Now stand back and admire!

Cant advertise here so if anyone has questions regarding pricing, pm me.

repo4sale likes this.

Wrapped matte metallic charcoal, 2015, Megacab, Laramie, 3500 SRW, 68rfe, 2" leveling kit, 35x12.5r22 atturo mt, Hardcore off road 22x12 wheels, -44 offset, 2nd gen steed speed t4 manifold, s366, proudly tuned by

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White, 1998 12v, 47re, 3500 DRW, sx-e 363, 5x.018, S&B CAI, 4" turbo back, no fuel plate, afc ff, tc lock up switch

Last edited by JMCustoms; 01-08-2017 at 01:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JMCustoms For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
The Pusher egr delete cuts the stand pipe approximately in half which helps to hide it but this takes that a step further. Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
repo4sale likes this.

2015 Ram 2500 ccsb 4x4 SLT 68RFE- leveled, Moto Metal Razors, 35" Toyo Open country RT's, 5" turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 6" tip, Pusher egr delete, csp4 EFI Live by PPEI, Edge CTS2 Insight
The Following User Says Thank You to Shea T For This Useful Post:
JMCustoms (01-08-2017)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:45 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Very nice and clean install!!! Won't hurt to not have that return from the egr stand pipe? And What exactly is the other hose that comes into the top of the bottle? Looks like a return from the actual radiator. Will it suffice in circulating coolant by itself now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014_White_Crew cab_4x4_Leveled 3"_air bags_welding bed w/200D_295/Toyo M/T's
The Following User Says Thank You to thornton weldin For This Useful Post:
JMCustoms (01-08-2017)

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
BlackedoUT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton weldin View Post
Very nice and clean install!!! Won't hurt to not have that return from the egr stand pipe? And What exactly is the other hose that comes into the top of the bottle? Looks like a return from the actual radiator. Will it suffice in circulating coolant by itself now.

Thanks! The one that gets removed and capped is just a bleeder line for when you bleed the coolant system with the egr still in place. The one that goes to the radiator doesn't get removed.
repo4sale likes this.

Wrapped matte metallic charcoal, 2015, Megacab, Laramie, 3500 SRW, 68rfe, 2" leveling kit, 35x12.5r22 atturo mt, Hardcore off road 22x12 wheels, -44 offset, 2nd gen steed speed t4 manifold, s366, proudly tuned by

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White, 1998 12v, 47re, 3500 DRW, sx-e 363, 5x.018, S&B CAI, 4" turbo back, no fuel plate, afc ff, tc lock up switch
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
BlackedoUT Member

Since I manufacture these, I cant go into pricing or anything like that in these threads because of the no advertising policy. So if there are any questions like that, PM me.
repo4sale likes this.

Last edited by JMCustoms; 01-08-2017 at 01:34 AM.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:38 AM
Cummins Nut

Nice job man. Where did you get that standpipe delete fitting?

2013 4x4 CC/SB G56-EFI Tuned
2011 GT3 RS
The Following User Says Thank You to Rendezvous For This Useful Post:
JMCustoms (01-08-2017)
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
BlackedoUT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendezvous View Post
I sent you a pm.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,172 Times in 2,184 Posts
Egr standpipe delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendezvous View Post

The black fitting is a basic fitting that can be found anywhere. I believe he is just producing the silver piece, and screwing the fitting into it. It looks like a 3/4 inch npt fitting with a 45 degree angle.

Edit: I just saw where he stated this. My bad.

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:55 AM
repo4sale

Bump

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Diesel Head

So the one to the radiator is actually a circulating or return line, overflow line? Just tryin to understand how these new systems work. I get that the line from the egr is a bleeder. I just don't understand these "closed" systems now without a radiator cap on the actual radiator. Does the system pull and return through the bottom fitting on the degas bottle?

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,172 Times in 2,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton weldin View Post
So the one to the radiator is actually a circulating or return line, overflow line? Just tryin to understand how these new systems work. I get that the line from the egr is a bleeder. I just don't understand these "closed" systems now without a radiator cap on the actual radiator. Does the system pull and return through the bottom fitting on the degas bottle?

I've never actually seen any coolant coming from the line you are talking about, so I believe it's an overflow line. But yes, it pulls from that bottom port.

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Diesel Head

Reason I ask, mine had some dried coolant around it like it had been slowly weeping. Then the other day, I found some fresh that had been pushed out of it after I got on the truck a bit hard.
I put a hose clamp on it and all is good, just wondering exactly what the purpose of that line. I'm thinking it's an overflow also, if the truck can't circulate coolant quick enough, it will return it?!?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode