Hardway performance - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hardway performance

Does anyone here know a secret method to actually get any customer service from Hardway Performance?? Calls and emails go unanswered and phones get kicked into voicemail without returned calls. I have spent thousands on their products and they are impossible to get answers from or even get in touch with. I guess my next option is a road trip to Florida to sit on their doorstep.

2004 3500 DRW, 4x4 - Too much to list
2014 3500 MEGA Laramie Dually 4x4, Hardway EFI, Deleted and 4" Flo-Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Supporting Vendors

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
What you got going on brother? I know Ryan stays tied up a good bit. If it's something basic, I'll be happy to help out my man.

'12 2500 SLT 4x4 G56 w/SBC DD3600, ATS Aurora 5k & mani, DDP 150hp Injs, Powerflo 750, ARP 625s, Hamilton rods and springs, 5" TBE, S&B CAI, GDP megaflow S3, GDP grid heater delete, PPEI by Kory, Thuren Fabrication Steering/TB, PattonFab traction bars, 20x10 AF Recons, 38x15.50 Kumho MTs, etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Cummins Nut

They are all on the road right now at a race... Running very light in the shop. I was there Monday and they all were leaving wednesday. While I was there Montana and Rob spent 90% of the day on the phone. Montana has always emailed me back every time. Maybe try email.I will PM you the 2 reps emails if you want.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,288 Times in 2,281 Posts
They are at PRI along with everyone else in the aftermarket automotive industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Supporting Vendors

Except me...Kory doesn't let me out in public much...
BobSagetIsGod? and tonyb337 like this.

'12 2500 SLT 4x4 G56 w/SBC DD3600, ATS Aurora 5k & mani, DDP 150hp Injs, Powerflo 750, ARP 625s, Hamilton rods and springs, 5" TBE, S&B CAI, GDP megaflow S3, GDP grid heater delete, PPEI by Kory, Thuren Fabrication Steering/TB, PattonFab traction bars, 20x10 AF Recons, 38x15.50 Kumho MTs, etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Anarchy Diesel

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,120 Posts
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat70508 View Post
Except me...Kory doesn't let me out in public much...
Don't worry, I'm not at pri either this year.
thegoat70508 likes this.

708-990-7006
Anarchy Diesel Tuning
EFI Live BETA Tester
Custom tuning with EFI Live/H&S MCC/HP Tuners/WARP/EZ Lynk

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

Here is what I need. I needed a rewrite for a bigger turbo and got it but there are what seems to be some issues that I have questions about. The tune is much more powerful on #1 than the old tune, the trans is shifting much different almost like it was when it was stock and I need to know if I got the trans tuning with the new tune? It is lugging the truck and at 40MPH I am in 4th gear. I use the truck almost exclusively for towing. Don't get me wrong I like the extra power and it runs like a gasser off the line but I am also experiencing high EGTs even without a load but they flatten out when I get up to speed. I did data logging and sent them two files and have not heard anything. I honestly thought they were going out of business.

In addition to the tune questions I paid for a manifold that was in stock that still has not arrived and that was for another truck I was going to tear down this weekend but I do not like starting projects until I have everything in hand. While I have two trucks I am not going to loan mine out to cover down if this other one is not complete because of not having what I need.

This is simple communication, or lack of, and I am not too happy with getting the blow off. I don't particularly care about what they are doing other than the fact I have paid for stuff and am getting blown off. Blowing off paying customers to go to a show off their new products and skills meanwhile paid customers are getting ignored?
MoparProud and Chevokeeman like this.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Diesel Head

Switch tuners if you aren't happy.

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Cummins Nut

I'm not sure what lugging to you is but I go into 4th @ or a little after 30mph.I and stay into 4th till 50mph.

My stock shifting had me in 6th early and would stay that way till like 1000rpm
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

That is an option if I want to start all over and spend another grand on tuning. But I honestly don't think that is a good option since I paid for EFI tuning and a rewrite and a Steed Manifold and they have my money and I have no support or product. Other than that, your idea is great.

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Diesel Head

Hardway performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdh11 View Post
That is an option if I want to start all over and spend another grand on tuning. But I honestly don't think that is a good option since I paid for EFI tuning and a rewrite and a Steed Manifold and they have my money and I have no support or product. Other than that, your idea is great.

Then I guess you'll have to wait until they are back.

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 01:11 AM
Supporting Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdh11 View Post
Here is what I need. I needed a rewrite for a bigger turbo and got it but there are what seems to be some issues that I have questions about. The tune is much more powerful on #1 than the old tune, the trans is shifting much different almost like it was when it was stock and I need to know if I got the trans tuning with the new tune? It is lugging the truck and at 40MPH I am in 4th gear. I use the truck almost exclusively for towing. Don't get me wrong I like the extra power and it runs like a gasser off the line but I am also experiencing high EGTs even without a load but they flatten out when I get up to speed. I did data logging and sent them two files and have not heard anything. I honestly thought they were going out of business.

In addition to the tune questions I paid for a manifold that was in stock that still has not arrived and that was for another truck I was going to tear down this weekend but I do not like starting projects until I have everything in hand. While I have two trucks I am not going to loan mine out to cover down if this other one is not complete because of not having what I need.

This is simple communication, or lack of, and I am not too happy with getting the blow off. I don't particularly care about what they are doing other than the fact I have paid for stuff and am getting blown off. Blowing off paying customers to go to a show off their new products and skills meanwhile paid customers are getting ignored?

Ok, so a few things here- let's start with tune one power issue...unhook your switch and connect autocal. Go to Tuning tool, and then go to switch tunes. Select tune 1 and datalog it 0-70mph at WOT. Then save that log by hitting left row followed by ok. After that, scroll to top where you see scan scan tool again. Scroll down to tuning tool again and go to tuning tool and hit ok. Scroll down to switch tunes bd hit ok. Then scroll to tune 5 and hit ok. It'll say tune switched. Then take a datalog again at WOT 0-70mph. There should be a noticeable change in duration between tune 1 and 5.

What you're describing almost Sunday Ike a switch issue. If the switch isn't working, the tune would default to tune 5.

Now, for the trans issues. I'd doubt Ryan would forget to include the trans tune, since you had it previously. But accidents happen. More than likely, your issue is attributed to a relearn issue...the 68s are really temperamental about relearns. Anytime you flash them, you should drive it easy(under 50% throttle for 50+ miles, and continue to drive mildly for a while after that). This will allow the trans to get acclimated to with the new tune. Of course it could also be any number of other things. Also, take all of the trans info I covered with a grain of salt, as I'm still pretty green on my knowledge of these auto transmissions.

Maybe Phil can chime in with a little more info... hope this helps some. Let me know if you need a hand datalogging. I have a good write up on that procedure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode