H&S XRT Pro - Used - - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
H&S XRT Pro - Used -

Hi gents! New to the forums. Been researching the 4th Gen forums and trying to find information about this tuner. I just purchased one, it is out for delivery as I type this. I have a 2012 Mega Cab with the 68RFE and 6.7 (obviously). It's stock, so I will be doing the EGR and DPF deletes once I have it programmed. I wanted to do some info recon before I get my hands on the tuner. I'll post the software/specs once that happens.

In the mean time, since these aren't made anymore, does anyone have the XRT Pro files in a DropBox account? I have read many posts about the Mini and Black Maxx, but not much on the XRT Pro files for 4th Gens. I did download the other poster's files for the Mini, but I believe those won't work on the XRT Pro.....

I am in IT, so I have tried to research first before bothering anyone, as I know what RTFM is and only post when I hit a dead end.

From what I gather, the 60hp with 2 timing is the best bet for longevity. I only pull a 7k boat at times and not trying to grad race. The vehicle already has 198k on the clock, so I don't want to get to outrageous with tunes. Thanks in advance.

2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab 4x4 Laramie Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Installed and WOW

I now have the software info:

Part # - 12350331
Serial # - MEM-BF4B HW-1.3
SW-1.02.3 TV - 6.8.32
Tune Version Mild w/turbo
Tune Status - Installed
Power Level - TOW
Application - 10'-12' 6.7L Cummins
Fuel - ULSD
Trans Tuning- Locked

With my testing so far, I have increased my mixed driving 2 mpg, engine is WAY more responsive and idles smoother, and the transmission seems to be a tab smoother shifting but that may just be me. I will look into getting the unlock code for the transmission, the general consensus seems to be it's well worth the money. When installing, I chose "with emissions" settings since I don't ahve the DPF delete pipe yet.

One question I have is that the manual doesn't state how to turn off the EGR (although I will be deleting this weekend, already have kit on hand), so I am assuming that the H&S disables it automatically? Any suggestions on the firmware version I am running? Better ones available?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:14 PM
Diesel Head

Yes, on the 2011-12's, the H&S tuners turn off the EGR when you select the emissions removed option.

White 2012 Ram 2500 ST Crewcab, AT, 3.73s, Rough Country 5 inch lift, 22x12 Fuel Mavericks, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, H&S XRT Pro programmer, MBRP exhaust

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

It appears it doesn't

So yesterday I remove all the EGR crap. Yes, as everyone states the back 2 15mm nuts on the EGR cooler are a pain in the rear but patience is needed more than brute strength. More time consuming than anything. I wasn't able to bleed coolant from the allen key bleeder, it's completely stuck and I risked torquing or breaking the fitting/pipe, but other than that it was fairly straight forward. In just a mere 2 weeks, the EGR system already had a lot of soot (I had thoroughly cleaned the entire system at that time) and it's almost criminal that the government would mandate such a stupid idea! Someone should take a stick to the individuals or gov entity who forced this on the manufacturers. I am all for being environmentally conscious without being a far left idiot.

So here are my findings:

1- The EGR DOES NOT get automatically turned off when going with the above tune version and choosing emissions enabled. Reading the H&S manual, it makes it sounds as if the EGR is turned off, you can leave all the connectors on, but the DPF stays operational when choosing "enabled". After the EGR delete kit was installed, I was getting a check engine light and I was getting EGR related codes on the Tuner diags screen. I had to go back in with the tuner and change the setting from emissions "enabled" to "disabled" and after the DTCs were cleared, no issues!

2- Driving in today to work, I saw an average mileage increase of 5 MPG! That is the same route, time of day. and similar daily traffic pattern which is mixed road and highway stop and go traffic of 36 one way trip to the office (I-45 N. Houston traffic and Hwy 105). I purposefully filled up before I performed the EGR delete. When I hand calculated the fuel used this morning, filled up to see how much was used, I went from 15.5 mpg to 20.5 mpg at the pump.

It's like driving a whole new truck! This now leads me to another question:

I haven't bought a DPF delete pipe yet. I have read that the DPF pipe will clog up, but is this something that I need to worry about today or will it take a few days? I have a hard time shelling out $150 for a straight pipe when I weld and can get aluminized 4" exhaust pipe for $10 ft.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Cummins Freak

Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
You need to get your DPF removed, If you keep driving it you will end up spending a lot more than $150.00!!!

2015 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel - Stock for Now!!!

2012 Ram 2500 4X4 Crew-Silver- 4:10's / Carli 3" Coils w/35" Toyo AT2's / RM Free Spin Hubs / Ranch Hand Bumper / B&W Turnover Ball / Air Bags / Center Console Swap w shifter / RBZ Touchscreen Radio / Tuned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/ 190* thermostat / Cat-Cummins duel Fuel Filters / GDP Big line kit and Other goodies!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SRich12 For This Useful Post:
N of 60 (02-14-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode