BD throttle sensitivity booster and button - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 11:57 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
One or two rather. Things I'm wondering about the booster is does it make the tranny down shift any different or does it hold just build the power sooner?
Is this just noticeable on take off? How about when your cruising and come to a small grade and you step on it just a little to hold your speed will it down shift sooner? Later? Does the engine build boost quicker?
I'm looking for something that makes the engine respond faster but doesn't make it down shift sooner as if I'm trying to floor it.
Yes I'm on the fence lol I'd like the 5.9 response back.....

2016 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Fac air ride.
Traded 80500 km 2015 2500 crew cab 6.7 stock. Tranny problem from day one.
Traded 361000 km 2007 2500 5.9 not so stock.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:04 PM

Has anyone noticed over time that the truck compensates for this device? When I first installed mine I loved it, however after a few months I noticed my "dead pedal" was coming back. Could be my truck it has a laundry list of issues, but every time the dealer has had the truck and updated the ECU for one thing or another it's fine for a few more months(w/ or w/o the BD).
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 02:02 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
James,

I noticed you offer the BD and the TS, is one better than the other? Going from my tuned 12 to this stock 16 I am having withdraws.

The Old : 07' 6.7 Mega, EFI
The Sold: 12' Mega, EFI, Carli
The Bold: 16' Megaslab...Stock

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Now that I have had mine installed a while I noticed this as well. I thought this was just me getting used to the difference but it does seem that the dead pedal has started to come back and the initial sensitivity is not there or as strong. I just purchased the switch and plan on installing it this weekend and will do the relearn process again and see if it makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamStiggy View Post
Has anyone noticed over time that the truck compensates for this device? When I first installed mine I loved it, however after a few months I noticed my "dead pedal" was coming back. Could be my truck it has a laundry list of issues, but every time the dealer has had the truck and updated the ECU for one thing or another it's fine for a few more months(w/ or w/o the BD).

2015 2500 CTD, mega cab, black appearance package,AFE CAI, AMP Steps, 35" Toyo ATII, BD Booster, Bilstein 5100's, 2.5" level, MotoMetal mo962
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:41 PM

Just got my truck back from the shop bc it wouldn't pass smog, they updated the PCM again and the throttle is a little better but haven't put the BG back on yet. I think the PCM is learning this is on there but in theroy it shouldn't be able to tell. Guess I'll find out in a few months is it relearnes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qzing View Post
Now that I have had mine installed a while I noticed this as well. I thought this was just me getting used to the difference but it does seem that the dead pedal has started to come back and the initial sensitivity is not there or as strong. I just purchased the switch and plan on installing it this weekend and will do the relearn process again and see if it makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamStiggy View Post
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa Style View Post
James,

I noticed you offer the BD and the TS, is one better than the other? Going from my tuned 12 to this stock 16 I am having withdraws.
Wanting to know the same thing?

2016 Big Horn CCLB 3500 SRW, 68RFE, 3.42 Stock
Sold - '00, QCSB, 5600 tuned up
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahocountryboy View Post
Wanting to know the same thing?
I haven't researched anything yet.

The Old : 07' 6.7 Mega, EFI
The Sold: 12' Mega, EFI, Carli
The Bold: 16' Megaslab...Stock
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 AM

For reference, If you decide on buying the booster the button is definitely a nice add on, I often turn mine down when it rains or on a muddy road because the truck will just break traction instantly with it turned on.

2013 F250 6.7- some stuffs missing, some added.
97 2500. Lifted, 37s -sold
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Diesel Head

Thought once you're deleted and tuned there was no need for this booster. Thought efi took care of all the hesitation/ dead pedal crap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

06 laramie mega debadged 5'' tbe, s&b cai, gdp 5.9 airboss, ats arcflow, airdogII 165/w beans sump, isspro gauges,arp 625's, firepunk comp2, hamilton 103's,extreme duty push tubes,ED/S&S 100%overs,ats duel pumps, efi by Gordon. need donations for compounds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Rollin Smoke Diesel.com

Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,306 Posts
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cux211 View Post
Thought once you're deleted and tuned there was no need for this booster. Thought efi took care of all the hesitation/ dead pedal crap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I run it with EFI, we have tried to tune the pedal sensitivity but I still run it with the tuning, might just be me but I can tell the difference.

Contact us for all your diesel performance needs!

219-851-1195 Monday-Sat 8am-5:30pm CST, online ordering 24/7, Please Email
no PM's

post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Cummins Fanatic

For those of you that installed this and the switch, where are you putting the switch? I don't see a logical place to put it, so I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.

2012 2500 CCSB, 3M Tint, Lund Nerfs, Partial De-Badge, LED Bulbs, MM, Pillar Gauges, Bushwacker Extend-A-Flare, DPF & NOX Del, Fuel Lethal Wheels, Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX, 2" Thuren Level, Carli Control Arms, Thuren Spring Mod, AEV Front Bumper, sPod.
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:17 PM

Thinking about buying one of these. Do any of the vendors offer forum member discounts?

Also anyone have more information on the truck learning about the increased sensitivity? How are you getting around this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode