Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Bought a 2012, I need advice on options

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  DDRamFan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, so I bought a 2012 6.7 last week, ever since I've been reading on what route to take on the tune, EGR seems simple, DPF and NOX filters saw saw and put a pipe in it's place, for now til I go for a full kit. The biggest thing I have is the tuner...I could go this route - H&S Performance Mini Maxx, MBRP DPF Delete Pipe, Sinister EGR $1437 from advancediesel, simple Google search, I know there are others, i'd like to be around 1-1500$.

But should I stay away from H&S since there technically gone now? I like the options, just not sure on buying from a 3rd party for a product that can't be manufractured anymore. I've read a couple pages deep, RaceMe looks like a option, but I also want a monitor, which the Edge CTS2 looks like a winner, but that's a added cost just to monitor such things. So a option that can tune, delete the codes for EGR/DPF removal all while monitoring would be great, or other options like RaceME, Smarty Jr, and then buying a CTS2. Any help would be appreicated.

#2 ·
I would try a different route, for the reason you stated. .. EFI LIVE ... You'll want a way to read exhaust temperatures as well . So you'll need an egt probe...

#4 ·
I also have a 2012. I went the route of the minimaxx and have never looked back or been disappointed for a second. Im sure the other options are great choices as well. I just chose to get my mm off the forum's classified section and have been very happy ever since... good luck!

#5 ·
I'll chime in with Ratdog and theMIB.
EFI Live. with Trans Tune.
Love'n my setup. Delete Pipe and EGR unplugged.

#7 ·
Yes, it's a totally stock tranny.
It does not really change the shift points much, but the shifts are much quicker and firmer, thus less clutch wear. If I'm in slow traffic and I feel it starting to lug, like going 35mph and only 1100 RPM I'll still hit the tow/haul button.
Basically the Trans Tune is bumping up the tranny's line pressure.
It is a night and day difference on the tranny shifts.
I want the tranny to last a long time, (And the rest of the truck too) so this will help the clutches last.
Note: the 68RFE is a "learning Trans", so after the tune it will take 50-100 mile to fully learn and adjust to your driving style.

Reactions: Newguyhasa2012
#8 ·
I appreciate the info, I'll start looking into EFI Live tuners and what I need to do, I defintely want the trans tune because with 43k miles, I feel the shifts are a little rough sometimes, I'd pay the 299 to just try and see the outcome. Thanks again.

#10 ·
Okay thanks for the input, I want to have a good economy tune, the most I'll be hauling is a 24 foot boat, maybe the occasional gooseneck with Jeeps if that ever happens, now just to find a EFI tuner, so many to choose, I want one that will do deletes so I don't have a check engine light

#14 ·
Thanks for the input Revmax.
One thing I love about CF is I can learn something new every time I come here.
(Unfortunately at my age that means I must forget something else)

Newguyhas2012
Yes, EFI Live will support deletes. Yes, your remote start will work and you will not have any CEL's.

Reactions: Newguyhasa2012
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.