Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Looking for a new set of nozzles...

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  DMan1198 
#1 ·
Any info and recommendations for a new set of injector nozzles to go along with my new 467.7 turbo?

what brand?
what size?

looking for the most power without having to upgrade my cp3.

#4 ·
I just bought fleeces 10mm pump and 100% over nozzles. Have to install them, but that's what I went with to go with 468 that I installed 3 years ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: darrenb
#6 · (Edited)
Eric, How has your 468 performed without these new upgrades on stock fuel?

#7 ·
Awesome. No complaints. Have towed a 36' camper multiple times with no issue in tow haul. If you're looking into it. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I sent my injectors in to s&s and had them done 60% over. Ran them with the stock turbo til I got my s467. They did great with the 467 til I blew an i/c boot and took out the oil seal on the compressor side. I could pretty easily get into the 50+ psi range. I've been running a 464 for now til I get the 467 back from being rebuilt. I was waiting til I installed my twin fueler kit and fass to dial my tuning in. I found a place that I can use their dyno so once I get the fuel upgrades installed and 467 back on I'll take it to dyno. I think 60% is about right for the s467 turbo and stock cp3 maybe even less if you aren't planning on any cp3 mods. Trucks definitely quick when that 467 lights though.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info!

when researching nozzle sizes, are 60% same as 120hp?

#14 ·
60% is roughly 120hp nozzles. They are smokey down low, but fuel the turbo once it's lit. If I wasn't already planning on dual cp3's cause I bought them with the 2nd gen swap and fass I might stick with stock injectors. I don't know how the s467 acts with stock injectors but with my 60% overs it'll almost rip my 37"s free with 4.10's. If there is any sand on the road it'll spin the tires in 4th gear.

#16 ·
Right, I do know that haha.

But you can make a small bump, say "50hp" and the stock pump should do fine. Yeah?

I mean, all I hear is how these 6.7's spool turbos so magnificently....does OP need an injector bump? I dunno.

#17 ·
They aren't really needed, but in order to make the most power possibly while still maintaining at least 25k rail pressure you'll be at 3100us duration, and a lot of timing. Having an injector that can deliver the same fuel quantity at around/less than stock pulsewidth would make things a lot nicer for the engine/injectors, however I've been running a strung out stock fuel system for over two years without any spooling issues even on some rather large singles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.