2013+ Smarty/Raceme UDC Pro/WARP Custom Tuning & MM3 - Page 5 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 03:01 AM
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I think I can add some useful information to this thread in order to help the members of this forum to understand better what the UDC Pro is about.
Let me start with the Real Time tuning. I think you're under-estimating the possibilities it provides!

In my opinion it is a major breakthrough for the Cummins tuning. It's both a tool for whoever tunes a Cummins, be that a professional or a beginner,
AND it allows for "switchable" tunes. The ability to tune in Real Time (RT) opens new horizons to any tuner. Personally, I've been able to understand
better than before how the ECM really operates and what it does since we got this toy to work.

Being able to modify a single parameter, a whole map or multiple maps and parameters and send them to the ECM within seconds and then test how
the truck reacts is priceless. What takes hours or days to figure out with anything else out there can be done within minutes with the RT!
The RT -Tuning- may not be relevant to most? I would not be so sure. Once people will understand how easy it makes it to LEARN tuning....

The other important aspect of the Real Time functionality we have developed is the ability to switch between different tuning files on the fly.
One programs the ECM with a decent "base file" and then adds the RT tunes on top of it. The Real Time tunes are stored on the display's SD
card and the switching between different tunes is done directly from the Display. No need to install switches!
Ease of installation & use combined with almost unlimited flexibility was my goal in this. I think we delivered just that.

Now I'd like to address the actual data logging capabilities we have.
First and foremost, it is NOT what is should be since it is limited to only 6 PID's at a time.
I need to take you with me "behind the scene" for a moment. So, we started the project UDC Pro, Real Time...yada...yada...a couple years ago.
What's first on the to do list? Of course the tuning software! What does one data log if he has not tuned the truck first? So we implemented a
somewhat simple data logging feature and then proceeded with what I choose to be more important. You guessed it, the TUNING!

Fast forward to today, now that we've covered 95% percent of the tuning basics, it is of course time to get back to work on the data logging.
Where do we stand today? The needed ECM code modifications (for a complete data logging capability) are already 90% done for all ECM's from
1998.5 to present. To make a longish story short, within this summer we will have the first beta versions ready.
Data log is written onto the SD Card and from there down to the PC.

Phale sez:
"... But what if the software does not contain a key table that I as a professional tuner utilize?
Can I add in my own user defined data? Can I edit my .bin files outside of warp and then import them? Before it is said that raceme can add
tables for me, keep in mind that I don't like sharing my hard work within hex to find, define, and edit tables with the masses..."

This is interesting and I honestly have never given it a thought!
To keep my answer short. It is doable and can be implemented into the UDC Pro without too much effort. Of course, there are several technical
aspects that will need to be addressed. Like for example data format, addresses, length of tables just to mention a few but it can be done.
Since you mention "sharing", of course I will need to watch my back also in doing this since this could potentially be an easy way to break into my
encryption. Other than that, a no brainer.

Sorry for the long read!

Thanks,

Marco

gecoveyc likes this.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marco For This Useful Post:
6.7ltrsoflove (06-01-2016), Bob Wagner (06-01-2016), gecoveyc (06-01-2016), jfreemanak (06-08-2016), MAX11 (06-01-2016), maxhobbs1 (06-02-2016), paulb (06-01-2016), TBittner (06-01-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 10:47 AM
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
I think I can add some useful information to this thread in order to help the members of this forum to understand better what the UDC Pro is about.
Let me start with the Real Time tuning. I think you're under-estimating the possibilities it provides!

In my opinion it is a major breakthrough for the Cummins tuning. It's both a tool for whoever tunes a Cummins, be that a professional or a beginner,
AND it allows for "switchable" tunes. The ability to tune in Real Time (RT) opens new horizons to any tuner. Personally, I've been able to understand
better than before how the ECM really operates and what it does since we got this toy to work.

Being able to modify a single parameter, a whole map or multiple maps and parameters and send them to the ECM within seconds and then test how
the truck reacts is priceless. What takes hours or days to figure out with anything else out there can be done within minutes with the RT!
The RT -Tuning- may not be relevant to most? I would not be so sure. Once people will understand how easy it makes it to LEARN tuning....

The other important aspect of the Real Time functionality we have developed is the ability to switch between different tuning files on the fly.
One programs the ECM with a decent "base file" and then adds the RT tunes on top of it. The Real Time tunes are stored on the display's SD
card and the switching between different tunes is done directly from the Display. No need to install switches!
Ease of installation & use combined with almost unlimited flexibility was my goal in this. I think we delivered just that.

First and foremost, it is NOT what is should be since it is limited to only 6 PID's at a time.
I need to take you with me "behind the scene" for a moment. So, we started the project UDC Pro, Real Time...yada...yada...a couple years ago.
What's first on the to do list? Of course the tuning software! What does one data log if he has not tuned the truck first? So we implemented a
somewhat simple data logging feature and then proceeded with what I choose to be more important. You guessed it, the TUNING!

Fast forward to today, now that we've covered 95% percent of the tuning basics, it is of course time to get back to work on the data logging.
Where do we stand today? The needed ECM code modifications (for a complete data logging capability) are already 90% done for all ECM's from
1998.5 to present. To make a longish story short, within this summer we will have the first beta versions ready.

Phale sez:
"... But what if the software does not contain a key table that I as a professional tuner utilize?
Can I add in my own user defined data? Can I edit my .bin files outside of warp and then import them? Before it is said that raceme can add
tables for me, keep in mind that I don't like sharing my hard work within hex to find, define, and edit tables with the masses..."

To keep my answer short. It is doable and can be implemented into the UDC Pro without too much effort. Of course, there are several technical
aspects that will need to be addressed. Like for example data format, addresses, length of tables just to mention a few but it can be done.
Since you mention "sharing", of course I will need to watch my back also in doing this since this could potentially be an easy way to break into my

Sorry for the long read!

Thanks,

Marco
Thanks for all of your hard work and continued support for all of the 98.5-16 Cummins tuning platforms over the years Marco! It does not go unnoticed and we truly appreciate it!
paulb and 6.7ltrsoflove like this.

MAVERICK 2005 - -HP/UDC PRO - BBI 4s - Stainless Billet 63/480 - Valair Triple - 12.54@114

GOOSE 2006 - Coming Soon: 369SXE/472 Triples - 6.4 Engine - Manual VB - BBI 4s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CALL US: 806-679-2877

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gecoveyc For This Useful Post:
ETexas (06-01-2016), maxhobbs1 (06-02-2016)
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Phale sez:

Sorry for the long read!

Thanks,

Marco
Great read! Thanks for the update and info!

2015 3500. Stock for now. 68rfe.

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Yes thanks
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 06:46 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchcook View Post
I'm sorry can anyone explain the pricing scheme and how/where to get dongles and when the full software will be released? I thought it was being released this week but all I got was a broken link from Franz.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but does this mean I need to get a different dongle than the one that came with the ultra in order to take advantage of the warp tuning once I do the software update? Havent done the software update yet, still on the 003M version.

2015 2500 CCSB G56 S&B Carli EFI
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:28 AM

No new dongle to use warp but you must purchase a one time license key for warp if you wish to tune yourself. If you are getting custom tunes written by a custom tuner he will already have a licence key. Keep in mind the licence key that writes the tune is the only key that can modify it.
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:31 AM

Dirty diesel, I'd recommend moving at least to 003n software which is 03/03/2016 update also known as 0001.01.01
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 01:17 PM

To be honest, I have no idea what UDC/WARP tuning is. Are you guys saying the we can purchase custom tunes to use with our RaceMe ultras? I think that would really help me out because my truck has been running like crap since I put the raceme on. I have worked with Franz a lot but I haven't heard from him in a long time. We never got my truck to stop surging and sputtering. My local shop said I should have gone with EFI Live from the get go, but that was after the fact, so I'm stuck with the RaceMe.

2015 Crew Cab Short Bed, 6 speed manual transmission, AFE Magnum Air Intake, Exhaust Deletes, 5" TBE without Muffler, RaceMe Ultra
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.burleson View Post
To be honest, I have no idea what UDC/WARP tuning is. Are you guys saying the we can purchase custom tunes to use with our RaceMe ultras? I think that would really help me out because my truck has been running like crap since I put the raceme on. I have worked with Franz a lot but I haven't heard from him in a long time. We never got my truck to stop surging and sputtering. My local shop said I should have gone with EFI Live from the get go, but that was after the fact, so I'm stuck with the RaceMe.
Your not stuck with the ultra...I just ordered EFI from Phil at Anarchy. It'll be on my doorstep Tuesday. Not selling the ultra just in case I want it down the road. Got everything I need plus csp4 from him.
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,263 Times in 2,263 Posts
http://www.anarchydieseltuning.com/s...MM3_Tuner.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
overactor likes this.

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

I've been running a raceme ultra on my truck, just stock deleted. Very pleased. It's nice seeing all the option becoming available for custom tuning compatible with this device. Here's a list of tuners that I am aware of, feel free to add if I'm missing some:

Calibrated Addiction (Robert Ivey):

https://www.calibratedaddiction.com/...03-17-cummins/

Anarchy Diesel Tuning:

http://www.anarchydieseltuning.com/s...MM3_Tuner.html

Calibrated Power Soultions:

http://calibratedpower.com/cummins-2...egt-probe.html

Double R Diesel:

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/store/...egory=12507072

Draconian Diesel:

Nothing on their website

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Higher power performance released mm3 support yesterday.

https://www.higher-power-performance...-201-2012-6-7l

'10AIRSOLD
'14AIR-FUELSOLD
'17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode