Cummins Diesel Forum banner

BigBlue Trophy Diesel - Build

35K views 139 replies 60 participants last post by  RutskunkRAM 
#1 ·
Last August I decided to add another Cummins to the family.
The jeep was felling left out with being the only Cummins. (4bt)

2014 - Cummins Laramie Mega Cab
Blue Streak
Almost every Option

Build Plans
-Fiberwerk Fenders and Bedsides
-Pre Runner Front Bumper
-Fabricated Rear Bumper
-Chase Rack

I plan to do all the work myself, and build what every I need to.

August - 2014
Best way to break a Cummins in, is by towing an Chevy Home.

The day after I bought the truck, I hooked up my Jeep and drove the both of them from IL to CO. Breaking her in the right way.

Feb - 2015
Towed a 28' Extended Height Race Trailer from IN to Cali and back to race in The King of the Hammers.

Couple Photos of the Race Car

April - 2015
Changed out the chrome Laramie grill, with a painted blue shell, and a Black Appearance Laramie insert.

Wheeling trip towing 2 jeeps

May - 2015
Intalled Air Lift bags in the rear

August - 2015 - Hit 30k Miles
Getting ready to upgrade tires and wheels. Used the 40" on the jeep for moch up and fitment.

Ordered some Toyo MT in 37's, And some Carli Coils

See less See more
Reactions: BobSagetIsGod?
#3 ·
#4 ·
Built my own Sway bar drops, bump stop drops, and Rear Sway bar end links

New Rear Adjustable Track Bar

Front

(coil bow will be corrected with new radius arms)

Rear

After leveled and 37's

Trim front fenders

September 2015 - Moab, UT

November 2015 - FiberwerX Fenders

#11 ·
Love, Love, Love that blue man, I was torn between it, white, or maximum steel. I ended getting an awesome deal on a max steel truck. But man it was hard trying to find a blue streak Laramie mega like I wanted, I was almost to the point of ordering one when I found the truck I bought. Get busy building this thing and maybe I can talk the boss lady into buying her a blue streak mega once she sees yours!! Lol

#13 ·
Sub'd............

#14 ·
Sub'd. I want to do the same basic thing to my truck, but I justify cutting the fenders to the wife. Even though she loves the look of them. I'm planning to build my chase rack over the winter.

#16 ·
Carli makes great products and I would buy there whole kit if I didn't own a plasma table and have the cad skills. With that being said, I designed some from bump stop brackets this morning.

Next up is the front sway drop.

#17 ·
Spent the afternoon in the shop. Changed the bump stop drop design a little. This way I can insert the bump before mounting them on the truck.
Tig welded everything.

Made some front sway bar drop brackets.

Also knocked out the rear sway bar links.

#18 ·
Wow. That's some awesome work there. Makes me wish I had some of that equipment

#20 ·
Thanks man. I pride my self on the quality of the work I make.
I just wish my truck wasn't my DD, so I could take off the Radius Arms to take measurements and fab up a new set of them. That's going to be a winter project when my jeep is back on the road.

#21 ·
After work I knocked out a new rear Adjustable Track Bar.
Using two 7/8 Heims from ruffstuff. Same ones I run on my jeep.
Its 1.5 x .120 DOM sleeved with 1.25 x 0.120 inside it.

By no means am a pro tig welder, but I am practicing as much as I can.
Did a root pass with a 2nd pass.

Also dropped the small parts off at a friends place to get them powder coated.
Should be ready for the weekend when I get to install all of this.

And in the mist of all this, I am supposed to be leaving for Moab in 3 weeks to go wheeling. Sooo the jeep is getting a once through.

#22 ·
I am having issues with the TPMS that I have not seen before. A few months ago it started acting up. It is throwing the fault light and red tire bubble when the sensors are reading correctly and are in the correct range.

Been to the dealer 4 times not to have this issue fix.
They keep thinking that the sensors are bad, but I don't think that is the issue. I am starting to think its the RF hub.

They have changed the front sensors twice now, and tried to relearn them a few different ways.

Also I have had the fronts up to 70 psi and the same issue thing happens.

Anyone have any ideas. Any help would be good right about now. This TPMS is driving me crazy.

#24 ·
I'd like to just have mine disabled completely, my light has been on since I got it but I haven't had them try and reset it yet, but there's no way I'm running 80 psi in my tires, rode like a wagon before I lowered the psi.

Reactions: Skyd Ram
#26 ·
So I had the dealer change the PSI to 50 all on 4 corners. We shall see if I still get the stupid light, so far so good.

Also I had my friend powder coat the smaller parts. They turned out great!!!

#29 ·
That makes me glad I have a 3500, so I don't have to worry about the tpms

#31 ·
Today was the install day.

New Tires are a little taller :party018:

Old Track Bar vs New.

Old Coil vs New

Rear install

Front install

New Gas Cap

How she sits

And yes those are Raceline Beadlocks on my DD :D

After my Moab trip I plan to start to design and build some radius arm drop brackets and some new radius arms.

Reactions: joshjack
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.