New Race Truck - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion
4th Gen Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 4th Gen Trucks...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
New Race Truck

Finally found a solid 06 LBZ to build. Sorry its not a cummins, but at least the tow truck is! My brother and I will start tearing into it soon. Bone stock @ 6000lbs sure makes the ol' goat @ 8500lbs feel like a lead sled! The goal is a reliable 10sec rig to have fun with and I think we have a good start! She is already breathing strong with some EFILive love from Josh Harris at Top Notch Garage!

On a side note, the goat is running strong and pull like a dream. Couldn't ask any more out of it. Just too heavy to be fast.

H&S Blackmaxx w/Dave Mathews Tuning, AD II 165, 5" Flo-Pro,CCV mod, Sinister egr and cooler delete, ARP 625 Studs, AFE Megacannon, Custom Trac Bars

H&S Box Tune = 456hp/1003tq Relentless Dyno (Low rail pressure hurts the numbers, but helps the stock trans!)
coker6365 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Keep us posted, I would be curious to see what comes of it. Nice Dodge!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ducati M.

Looks nice. I've noticed that quickness in my 1st gen too. There's no doubt my 4th gen is quicker and faster, but the old truck just feels fast since it's so light
DMan1198 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I'm assuming when you say "ol' goat" that you mean your 4th gen? Just curious why your truck weighs so much?
2012 3500 Laramie SRW Mega Cab - Auto | 3:73's | 2" Level | 33" Toyo M/T's | H&S Mini Maxx w/Draconian Tunes
1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Notchback - Too many goodies to list | 310RWHP / 311RWTQ N/A
CHILL6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

That weight makes a huge difference. I ran my 4th gen down the track with my wife sitting shotgun at a 14.8sec pass for giggles on a soft launch, immediately took it to a scale and weighed in at 8460lbs on 1/4 tank of diesel. Its just flat heavy!!! No way around it.

This stock LBZ should be in the high 12's all day long on the stock setup and the tune we're running. You can definately tell the difference between it and the goat. I am going to log it tonight so Josh can fine tune it. No lift pump and everything is 100% stock. LOL let the parts fly!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Yes Really

Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,033 Posts
Looks good man! I like the limo tow truck, it's a great setup.

Tuning in to see what you end up with!

Old 03-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Draconian Diesel

Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,142 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coker6365 View Post
That weight makes a huge difference. I ran my 4th gen down the track with my wife sitting shotgun at a 14.8sec pass for giggles on a soft launch, immediately took it to a scale and weighed in at 8460lbs on 1/4 tank of diesel. Its just flat heavy!!! No way around it.

This stock LBZ should be in the high 12's all day long on the stock setup and the tune we're running. You can definately tell the difference between it and the goat. I am going to log it tonight so Josh can fine tune it. No lift pump and everything is 100% stock. LOL let the parts fly!
You shouldn't have a problem one getting there. We have a 4 door 06 lbz, putting a revmax in it next week. But she already is flirting with 12's just as it sits. Almost hangs tight with my 08 6.4. (I THINK WE HAVE TOO MANY TRUCKS)

Either way. Let me know which way you go with it. We are throwing a 475 at ours. That with the lift pump and trans are hopping for mid to low 12's. Shouldn't be an issue. It sure is nice how liquid smooth a durmax is isn't it??

MILITARY DISCOUNT: We support our troops
Dave- 806-223-9472 Shoot us an email and join the Draconian Team
davematthews is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I had an LBZ before this truck. What mods do you plan on doing? I had just about everything on mine. G4094, II dual pumps w/100 sticks etc. Stay away from the BD Allison. I went through 2 in 40k miles. The first one they warranty, the second they told me to take a hike. You would think 2, 8k transmissions would last over 40k miles?
2012 Laramie 4X4 68RFE-H&S XRT w/OD+Deletes-MCC by Draconian-ATS Copilot-MBRP 409 4" TBE-4.5" Fabtech+TGC Lift-20X9 Fuel Boost Chrome's-TOYO MT35's-Limo tint-Tinted lights-RollN Lock Cover-AMP boards-Debadged-
CumminsURus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Need to talk Russ into taking the twins off his truck and put them on there!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Looks like a nice truck to start out with. I have thought about doing the exact opposite you are doing. Turning my cummins into a race truck and getting a dmax for the dd/tow rig. They just ride so smooth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Looking at a 366/480 twin setup or similar to keep drivability reasonable. After all, the goal is a fun, reliable, street driven 10 sec rig. Josh Harris at Top Notch Garage will be doing the trans, etc. Just need a second stock CP3, 80% over injectors, airdog 165, and we will be golden! Russ already has the rods and pistons. Did the crosslink brace and tie rod sleeves 2 weeks ago to run it at the Little River Diesel Throwdown only to get rained out after one pass with a terrible 2-3 shift flare. Threw a lockup box on it to kill the flare and never got to run it down the track again. LOL, but when it locks in 2nd gear on a 4wd 14psi launch... IT'S BRUTAL!!! The stock trans has been loving every bit of it too!

Russ has been thinking about pulling the twins off his, but I think he is going to wait until is stock motor blows before he makes a move! They will have it in Corsicana this week and no one will tell me what they are doing with it. All it get is giggles when I ask! Must be interesting...

H&S Blackmaxx w/Dave Mathews Tuning, AD II 165, 5" Flo-Pro,CCV mod, Sinister egr and cooler delete, ARP 625 Studs, AFE Megacannon, Custom Trac Bars

H&S Box Tune = 456hp/1003tq Relentless Dyno (Low rail pressure hurts the numbers, but helps the stock trans!)
Old 06-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Update this for the slow brother...

Little truck was cutting 12.7's on a light launch with the built trans. The loose converter might have been building 7-8psi on the launch, just looking for consistency in the bracket race. The old, dry rotted tires wouldn't hook very well

Trans is a suncoast setup with a georend type R converter from MikeL

366/480 he bought is at my house for it. Should be 11's all day if the cp3 is strong enough!
coker6303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.