Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Big Wig sway bar

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gunner_herman 
#1 ·
Well I just installed the big wig sway bar in the rear. The install wasn't too bad but I haven't driven it yet to see how much it helped control the lean. I drive up and down a pretty good mountain that's got some serious twisting back and forth. I don't expect this truck to corner like a sports car but I'm hoping this helps a bit. I've read some great reviews so I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
So far so good. The more aggressively you take a corner the more you feel the difference. I can certainly feel the tires leaning more than anything else.
Nothing negative to report at this time.

#4 ·
I have had mine installed for 12k miles and it is one of the best mods I have done to the truck. You will feel an even bigger difference when you have a trailer in tow. The rear wallow feeling will be completly removed.

I had a friend ride in the truck before and after, without telling him I installed the bar, and he asked what I did because the truck felt more stable.

#5 ·
The difference is significant and immediately felt. No more wobbling side to side when backing out of my drive way. The truck is just way more planted. I thought about getting this a long time ago but didn't, I'm just glad I ended up doing it.

#6 ·
I don't have one on my MC 3500 yet. Did more than add a sway bar, but had a Hotchkis TVS kit on my 2WD 2004 that included bigger front and added a rear bar. That truck wasn't a sports car, but it would do things a 4 door truck wouldn't normally do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.