Keyless entry - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Non-Powertrain
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Keyless entry

When i bought my 2010 Ram it didnt come with keyless entry....why!

Sent from my Mortorola Atrix using AutoGuide.Com Free App
6.7LCTD_Rebel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Work to sled

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Do you have power locks?
Stock
-lenny- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Yeah...i do...i bought the truck a few weeks ago...no key fob came with it...

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Because in 2010, Ram apparently thought they needed to dumb down the ST a little more (a transparent effort to push more folks into the SLT.) No remote entry, no compass in the EVIC...stupid little things.

Talk to your dealer, you can get factory RKE and Remote start installed (in '10, it was barely more $ for the RS than for RKE alone.) Or you can go aftermarket. Aftermarket tends to have better range and battery life, but I stuck with factory for the EVIC integration and warranty.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

keyless

ya didnt pay for it will cost you about 250.00 to add them plus programming it
chenry is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I was told by 3 dealers, that you are unable to add the remote start kit IF YOU DO NOT HAVE keyless entry.. and i dont have keyless entry which i really wish i had, however has anyone added a factory remote keyless entry (and/or remote start) to a truck WITHOUT keyless entry already??
2010 Ram 2500 w/G56.. 8" BDS lift, 38" Toyo M/T, 20x10 BMF Novakane's, BD trackbar, HBS 2" coil spacers, Skyjacker 2" add-a-leaf, 5" SS flo-pro TBE to 6" turndown, Valair Ceramic DD, Sinister EGR delete, HS XRT Pro, Airaid MXP kit
FOX8701 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
MMMM......BACON!!!

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
I did the keyless entry. Took about 10 minutes for the dealer to program the keyfobs. There is a nice write up with instructions for the dealer on diesel truck resource.
chrisminx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Sweet I may have to look into this...I'm getting tired of having to unlock the door with my key...This isn't the 1980s DODGE come on!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX8701 View Post
I was told by 3 dealers, that you are unable to add the remote start kit IF YOU DO NOT HAVE keyless entry.. and i dont have keyless entry which i really wish i had, however has anyone added a factory remote keyless entry (and/or remote start) to a truck WITHOUT keyless entry already??
Yes, it can be done. If you search the old threads, you'll even find the codes the dealer needs to do it. Their computer will say no when they try to order it. The trick is to find one of the techs who has done it - the service advisors will just go by what the computer says.

My 2010 came with power locks, but regular keys only - NO remote keyless. The Remote start system adds and enables RKE as part of the setup.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

My 2011 didn't come with keyless entry either. When I was buying it I asked if it could be added with the purchase, they said it couldn't be done. I searched this forum and found the thread, printed it out. The service writers in 3 dealerships in south florida said it couldn't be done, so I walked up to the diesel technician, showed him the print out, then he said ok, I can do it. It was done in 10 min. I have loved the factory keyless and window roll down feature to let some heat out before getting in. Bought 2 keyfobs and had 1 hr of shop labor, was well worth it...
gholifield is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
MMMM......BACON!!!

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
All you need is the sales code. I bought two keys from ikeyless.com and the dealer programmed them for free
chrisminx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Wow the dealer told me the same thing, it cant be done unless I buy the whole remote start module it was like 6 or 700 bucks , so I bought a after market keyless entry system for 30 buck at amazon and put it in the passengers door wired to the door lock switch. If you decied to go that route you will also need a 300 ohm resister from radio shack.. PM me if you need details..
2011.5, 2500 HO, 4x4, 3:73, 68rfe, XRT-Pro, H&S overdrive software, 5" Flo-Pro TBE n/muffler, cold air intake, 2.5" level, Iss-pro boost/pyro guages,
35" toyo M/T, classic lock II whhels,BD Steering box stabilizer. Air lift air bags
Vgenzo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.