2012 Fabtech 4.5 inch lift pics w/review. - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Non-Powertrain
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2012 Fabtech 4.5 inch lift pics w/review.

Alight,
I finally got my truck back from the shop and figured how to upload these pics. I Installed a Fabtech 4.5 inch lift w/bilstein shocks. I also went with one for steering stabilizer instead of two. I decided to toss the 1 inch blocks that were included in the kit for the rear and order a set of 4 inch blocks from topguncustomz.
I've put 500 miles on it since I've had it back. No issues yet. No vibration or funny noises. The engine is louder however, I suspect at stock height being close to the ground, it muffled the engine noise. Steering is GREAT! I expected worse. It rides “almost” as good as stock.
Power loss was minimal. I do not feel the torque off the line anymore, but oh well. As for fuel mileage I am extremely impressed! 14.5 before lift. 11.9 after. All driving in town with some highway miles. All number were hand calculated of course. Tires are 35X12.50R20 Toyo MT. Great tread. I really don’t hear them on the highway.....yet!

Biggest disappointment came from my dealer who charged me 400 dollars to reset the TPMS sensors and set my Speedometer to read correctly with the increased tire height.

I get at least 4 complements a day on how it turned out. Trust me pics don’t do it justice! Any questions let me know!!!

Last edited by CumminsURus; 08-25-2012 at 08:53 AM.
CumminsURus is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CumminsURus For This Useful Post:
6.7L RCLB (05-28-2012), slipshft (06-07-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
On the chase for 1000hp..

Sick truck, now just delete it and get your power and mileage back
ARP 625s, Hamilton 188/220, Extreme Pushrods, 110 Springs, Banks Big Hoss, Banks tubes/Cooler, Flux 4.5s, ED Billlet S472/88/1.0, Big bubba bov, SD Mani, ATS Duals, T&C Wild Rail, Dual Feed, P&P Head, Amsoil Bypass, AD150, T Bars, Mag Hytecs, 20x12 Fuel Mavericks, TNT Revo/EZ, Fluidampr, Valair triple disc, Other supporting mods...796.6 HP on SW7

Boosted diesel Performance
CumminsCoal1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to CumminsCoal1 For This Useful Post:
CumminsURus (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Truck looks bad , tire look amazing on it too.
CumminsURus (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Looks nice man. I've got the same lift and shocks on mine. I did have one problem though. When I bought the lift, I told the distrbutor that I wanted to buy the shocks somewhere else because the kit had the crappy white body ones in there. I called Fabtech and asked for their shock dimensions for that kit and then ordered bilstein shocks in the same lengths. Well, a couple months later I noticed that one of the rear shocks was broken off and the other one was leaking. Turns out that Fabtech had given me the wrong measurements for the rear shocks- 2 inches shorter at full extension. The second time I called them, they gave me the correct dimensions but I ended up having to pay for them because I didnt buy the shocks from them and it wasnt their fault.
2011.5 2500 Longhorn. 35" Trail Grapplers, 20" Gear Alloys, Fabtech 4.5" , Bilsteins + Stabilizer, BD Brace, Carli Track Bar, S467, Steed Speed, Source Second Gen, ATS Stage IV, Mini Maxx, Flo Pro w/Muffler, Shibby GHD + Intake Horn + Boost Tube, H11 Studs, Nav Unlock. Royalty Core, AMP Steps, LED tails & 3rd Brake, Black Headlights, Retro Solutions, Stubby Antenna
greasemonkey3406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

What kind of wheels are those??
2010 - 2500 SLT; CCSB; 4x4; 6.7L; 3.73 LSD; H&S - Mini Maxx w/OD; Rail Plug; MCC Tuning by Dave Matthews; SUNCOAST- Billet Mega 68; II - SB66(66/74/14), 100hp Nozzles; FLOOR IT - CP3 Kit; ATS - 3rd Gen. Manifold; SHIBBY - Stage II Horn, GHD w/Re-locator, Boost Tube; ARP - 425s; FLOPRO - 4" Turbo Back w/Hushpower muffler; FASS - Titanium 150; S&B; DAYSTAR - 2" Level; BILSTEIN - 5100s; PSC - SBS; K&N CCV Breather; PIAAs; ISSPRO - EV2 4th Gen; TOYO - AT IIs 35x12.50x17.
GONE....but not forgotton
MudnRox is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey3406 View Post
Looks nice man. I've got the same lift and shocks on mine. I did have one problem though. When I bought the lift, I told the distrbutor that I wanted to buy the shocks somewhere else because the kit had the crappy white body ones in there. I called Fabtech and asked for their shock dimensions for that kit and then ordered bilstein shocks in the same lengths. Well, a couple months later I noticed that one of the rear shocks was broken off and the other one was leaking. Turns out that Fabtech had given me the wrong measurements for the rear shocks- 2 inches shorter at full extension. The second time I called them, they gave me the correct dimensions but I ended up having to pay for them because I didnt buy the shocks from them and it wasnt their fault.
Figures, I had the dirt logic 2.0 orginally ordered, but heard bad things about them and the price was way too high. I ordered through blistien. I told them I needed the shocks for a 6 inch lift. Not sure what spec they sent but they work great and I saved a thousand bucks over the 2.0.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudnRox View Post
What kind of wheels are those??
Pro comps. 1032 Series I think. Made of some kind of new power coated chrome. At least that's what they said on the phone. They do come with a 3 year finish warranty. I went in the shop dead set on BMF wheels, but everybody's got them now. When I found out they are painted rims with a clear coat, I knew i would chew through them in a year while driving in the snow.They are really cheap compared to 6 years ago when I spent a grand EACH on 20 inch Weld racing. I picked them up for around 310 a piece.
The Following User Says Thank You to CumminsURus For This Useful Post:
kylant (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsURus View Post
Pro comps. 1032 Series I think. Made of some kind of new power coated chrome. At least that's what they said on the phone. They do come with a 3 year finish warranty. I went in the shop dead set on BMF wheels, but everybody's got them now. When I found out they are painted rims with a clear coat, I knew i would chew through them in a year while driving in the snow.They are really cheap compared to 6 years ago when I spent a grand EACH on 20 inch Weld racing. I picked them up for around 310 a piece.
What size, offset and backspacing are your rims? any rubbing anywhere?

thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Baja Bound

Make sure you have initial front ride height measurements I went through 3 sets of coils from fabtech due to pretty bad sagging. The hard parts are some of the best made and double check your axle side control arm mounts are not bowed in fabtechs crush sleeves are notoriously narrower and make putting any thing else in there includuding stock arms a living hell. Keep the control arms well greased and that will make them last longer. Lastly keep that drop track bar tight at the crossmember attachment unless welded and double check both the track bar bolts.

Good looking truck.
CumminsURus (06-16-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

I did the same kit and noticed more engine noise as well. Ill post pics when i get back home. Im thinking of going with taller blocks on the rear since it does look a bit off.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylant View Post
What size, offset and backspacing are your rims? any rubbing anywhere?

thanks
Dude I have no idea about the offset or backspacing. All I know is they are 9 inches wide and 20 tall. Yes I do get a little bit of rubbing when a crank the wheel, but it's almost nothing.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Update on mileage.

Disappointed. I've run 2 tanks of fuel in her over the last month and I'm getting a little over 11mpg now. Nowhere close to 14 I was gettting. I have changed my driving habits though. I do more in town driving after I bought a different house.

I'm think of deletes now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.