Carli 2.5 - 3" Lift Pictures - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Non-Powertrain
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Carli 2.5 - 3" Lift Pictures

Hey Guys.
Just trying to get an idea of how these new trucks look with a carli lift in them. I have one sitting at my mechanics shop for me when I get out of the bush just was hoping to see some pictures of the ride height and hear comments about the ride quality. Any input helps.

Thanks alot.
Broken Rubber.
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Here's a crappy phone pic of my '11 with 3' carli springs and 35's
Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

How do you find the ride? is it worth the money to stay so short lift wise?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

The trucks rides waaaaaay smoother with the springs. I put some stock powerwagon shocks on there to. Haven't got an adjustable track bar yet, but I would recommend it, the axle is kicked to the drivers side pretty far
Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Carli 3.0 Dominator kit on 37" toyos.

DesertInferno is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DesertInferno For This Useful Post:
Laz04 (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Please rave and rant about how good these systems are. I really need to motivation to go through with it. the more i look and hum and haa the more im talking myself out of the carli and stepping into a 6-8" lift elsewhere. does the carli actually ride that much better off road. I work oil rigs in northern canada and 60% of my driving is rough rig roads. any input helps as long as it is the truth. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Also do you rub with the 37's? did you have to saws all anything?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have no clue about how the Carli ride, but I had a 6" lift on my old ford and its ride was akin to a wooden wagon. It sucked, and now with my new dodge, I swore up and down that I would never lift my truck again, but seeing the 3.0 and 37's on desertinfernos truck I have to do it. Just too damn sweet not to..

On a side note, why lift just to drive on lease/site roads? A stock foreman/super truck will make it through most sites I have been on.
Pickles is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRubber View Post
Also do you rub with the 37's? did you have to saws all anything?
To clear 37's like on Ryan's truck above you will need the Carli leaves that center the rear axle in the wheelwell as well as 1/2" longer control arms and stock wheels. With that combination you will still rub the 37's on the control arms at full lock even with the offset design of Carli's arms.
888-886-2480
Skyd Ram is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
That Truck Guy

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRubber View Post
Please rave and rant about how good these systems are. I really need to motivation to go through with it. the more i look and hum and haa the more im talking myself out of the carli and stepping into a 6-8" lift elsewhere. does the carli actually ride that much better off road. I work oil rigs in northern canada and 60% of my driving is rough rig roads. any input helps as long as it is the truth. Thanks.
I've got quite a few customers in AB, SK, and MB that love the Performance 2.0 and 2.65 kits for use on those excuses for roads up there.
888-886-2480
Skyd Ram is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyd Ram For This Useful Post:
BrokenRubber (06-30-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

sick truck desertinferno
Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanks all!

Ride is worth every penny!!! This is now my second truck with Carli kits on it and will continue to use Carli going forward whenever I can. The ride is unbelievable, rides so smooth on the street, yet I can mob it offroad and have an incredible offroad ride at any speed. There is no need to do the big kits either, I run the dominator kit because of what I do with this truck offroad. Call up George, tell him what you intend to use the truck for, your budget, and how hard you intend to wheel offroad, he will set you up with the right kit. Just remember, you get what you pay for... cheap kits from other companies usually just give you a lift and dont give you the good ride... Carli has done their research and know how to make these truck ride awesome. Also, if you go full leafs and tow heavy like I do... you can do their airbags or even just do a set of timbrens like I have and be set. Here is a pic with my 36.5' 12k gross 5th wheel.

DesertInferno is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DesertInferno For This Useful Post:
BrokenRubber (06-30-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.