Stainless Steel Brake lines - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 4th Generation 2010 and up 6.7 Liter Cummins > 4th Gen Non-Powertrain
4th Gen Non-Powertrain Discussion of Accessories, Interior, everything not power related...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Stainless Steel Brake lines

Anyone know a good place to purchase SS brake lines?
Thanks
2011 Deep Water Blue Pearl Ram Regular Cab 2500 4X4 140' WB SLT Phoenix Friction clutch 3.73 LSD RestoSolution HID Ottomax Tuftruck front springs Bilstein 5100 EGR SS brake lines Mag-Hytec Dif cover Carli Dif guard SpynTec free spin hubs Front locker BFG35/12.5x17 KM2
Tummat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer

Thanked 1,711 Times in 1,291 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Dodge Ram Replacement Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Shibbyutman is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Shibbyutman For This Useful Post:
Tummat (04-25-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I will probably upgrade to stainless brake lines when I switch the pads and rotors out next year. I really don't know how much it will help on a 8K lb truck but every little bit could matter I guess. Plan on going with Hawk pads and slotted rotors when I do it.

Anyone upgraded to SS lines on these trucks? Reviews?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I did on my last truck and it was a huge improvement in pedal feel and brake response.
DELETED 2010, TRX4 2500 Crew. WCC Grid Heater intake w/boost tube. Mini-Maxx w/overdrive and 5" Flo-pro TBE. All lights smoked, Sapperfab Light bar with 4 Lightforce lights & Rigid 10" LED fog light. 2 - 4.5" back-up lights & Raider RCC Canopy & bedslide. AFE Rear diff cover, Airbags, ton of LED lights, OBA w/train horns. HID's & Line-x rockers & More to come.
Awesome Customer Service and Super Fast shipping.
Rollin Smoke Diesel
sapper043 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Nice....that makes it easier to blow some more money on this pit.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibbyutman View Post
3 piece kits? so I only need 2 front SS brake lines and 1 rear SS brake line?
2011 Deep Water Blue Pearl Ram Regular Cab 2500 4X4 140' WB SLT Phoenix Friction clutch 3.73 LSD RestoSolution HID Ottomax Tuftruck front springs Bilstein 5100 EGR SS brake lines Mag-Hytec Dif cover Carli Dif guard SpynTec free spin hubs Front locker BFG35/12.5x17 KM2
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I think our trucks would use a 5 piece kit. 2 for the front and 3 for the rear as there is disks on the rear also should have a flex line each.
DELETED 2010, TRX4 2500 Crew. WCC Grid Heater intake w/boost tube. Mini-Maxx w/overdrive and 5" Flo-pro TBE. All lights smoked, Sapperfab Light bar with 4 Lightforce lights & Rigid 10" LED fog light. 2 - 4.5" back-up lights & Raider RCC Canopy & bedslide. AFE Rear diff cover, Airbags, ton of LED lights, OBA w/train horns. HID's & Line-x rockers & More to come.
Rollin Smoke Diesel
Old 04-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

yeah we have 4 disk brakes so probably 4 flexable SS brake lines. What gets me is that their $165 kit has only 3 brake lines. So I do the fronts only and end up with a spare or do all 4 and buy another extra brake line.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

The 3rd piece in the kit should be for the flex line for the rear from the frame to the rear axle. You will still require a pair for the rear diff. There are a lot of places that make them on site. Any race shops in your area? They often make them as needed and for a good price as well.
Rollin Smoke Diesel
Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Oh yes the axle to frame, forgot about that one.

Yes there are race shops here but I'm stationed in Germany and I'm trying to avoid the Euro right now.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Okay in that case I would make sure that the lines you get have a DOT rating or TUV.

I used EGR Performance Brakes, brakes for Dodge, Ford, Chevy, GMC, Tahoe, Yukon, Excursion, Dakota, Durango or whatever you drive. when I did my last truck. I would recommend them again as they had all the correct brackets/tabs and hardward to make the swap painless and everything fit perfectly.

Yeah the Euro is a bit much right now it sucks paying nearly $6 for a beer, in Germany of all places.
Rollin Smoke Diesel
The Following User Says Thank You to sapper043 For This Useful Post:
Tummat (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I will check them out.

Yeah I don't make it to the Brauhaus as often as I would like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tummat For This Useful Post:
USMC_HUNTINGTON (07-10-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.