Cummins Diesel Forum banner

BCM Reset

19K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay Gadsby 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I am at a loss here. My cruise has never worked, I replaced the switch twice, nothing. All fuses are good, clock spring checks out for continuity, even has the 5v signal coming through for the cruise. Nothing, no light populates. The power pedals also do not work, but I have yet to dig into those. All connectors are hooked up, all brake lights work, etc. I am also cheap and can't afford to drop it off at the stealership for diagnosis. Is there a procedure for resetting the BCM? I figure it can't hurt at this point. I have read about 10 ways and have a tin foil hat at the ready if I need it. This is driving me crazy, someone please help! Oh, it's the 2010 dually in the siggo...

#2 ·
I don't se your signature??? You need to check and see if you have any active codes. If you don't have a reader go to auto zone or something!!! Do you have remote start?? Does it work???

#3 ·
Sorry, mobile site fun. It's a 2010 SLT megacab dually 4wd. No active codes on the PCM, checked with my edge insight. Remote start works. Only issue I am seeing is the cruise, the pedals, and my auto down on my window. I wonder if the autozone readers can read the body control module...

#4 ·
You mentioned pedals, are they power? If so this could be the issue. Same for the brake light switch. If you don't have the position of the pedals or the brake lamp switch= no cruise control.

Try an independent shop ,I have a Snap On scanner and it will read ALL codes in all modules. You may have a bad BCM or one of the many other independent switches that it MUST communicate with. As for the power window issue. It could be as simple as the switch itself, or it may just have to be "initialized".

My first suggestion is to get it scanned. Pay the $75-130 ,and have a road map or a plan ,otherwise these systems are way above a volt meter and test light territory!
Good luck

#5 ·
Well, update time... took it to the dealer since I had another issue pop up as well... they found that the speed sensor was supposedly shorted out and was something that would cause a lack of cruise control. Replaced the sensor, nothing. Everyone is scratching their heads wondering why the hell it is not working. The dealer wants to blame the tuner, which I do not agree with considering this same tuner was on my last 2010 6.7 CTD with no issue what so ever. I am at a loss and thoroughly annoyed with this truck at this point. I just want my damn cruise to work. Really debating adding an aftermarket setup on it...

Pedals work fine BTW... just needed a little more patience on my side. If I could afford a new truck with a warranty, I would be there tomorrow I tell you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.