Cummins Diesel Forum banner

backup camera

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Mudjunky 
#1 ·
i have a 2012 that is the st model. tail gate is kind of beat up so I found one that is the same color with the backup camera in it. how hard is that to hook up? my radio doesn't currently support the back up camera so an aftermarket double din would be needed. anyone have any info on any good radios aftermarket to install that will do navigation possibly and backup camera? thanks!!

#4 ·
I upgraded my SLT to a factory tailgate camera, so I have the instructions in PDF if that'll help. It shows the pin out for the deck and TIPM. You'll need the harness as well. Anyone that wants it add your email or PM me your email. My truck has the 5" non-nav deck that supported the camera, so I can't help with the head unit.

#12 ·
You may already have the harness in the tailgate and if so, you would need the Mopar harness that connects the camera and sensors to the existing harness. There are several ways to get it to hook up to an aftermarket head unit. The best way I found is the iDatalink Maestro system. It will also allow you to control all the functions that you now control through your factory head unit.

I have several installation videos:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.