Anyone doing there own tuning? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Anyone doing there own tuning?

Just curious is anyone with efilive has done any of there own tuning.
In the duramax world alot of people do an post tunes for others to review
But it seems in the cummins world its all shelf bought tunes.

2010 ccsb 4x4 Leveled 20s 35s
Afe intake bd super b special, H&S intake horn, 5" tbe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Cummins Nut

Yeah guys do their own but everybody I've come across is very vague about it that's the reason I did anarchys efi live and told them what i wanted

2012 black RCLB G56 4X4 deletes efi by anarchy,s467.7 Pfeifer's performance,FPE, "The Handshaker"
99 green ECSB SOLD 5spd big air big fuel big power. "Go Green"
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Cummins Fanatic

It amazes me the difference between Cummins, Duramax and Powerstroke tuning world. The Ford times are dirt cheap, at least they were for my 6.0 when I still had it. I had tunes from 5-6 different tuners, most I ever paid was $50 for 3 tunes. When I had my 6.6 tunes were a bit more expensive but guys shared home brew tunes.

Then I came to the Cummins world. Wow. Expensive as heck for a single time, and no one is willing to share any real tips on how to do things. I digress though, I will never go back to the others so I guess I am stuck.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Ducati M.

Thanked 1,223 Times in 1,008 Posts
One problem right now with efi live is no publicly released delete or trans tuning parameters. This means the diy guys can't even tune themselves if they've already removed things (I'm one of those guys. I'm still using h&s because it has the parameters needed to run with what I have done)

And I do try to help anyone who's trying to tune themselves (that's what this section is for. Helping others use the tuning software to tune themselves) the problem is nobody seems to realize that, and they keep pushing helpful tuning related threads down with their stupid hardware, and non software related questions (can anyone tell it's the one thing on this forum that actually Pisses me off?) I even made a note on what this section is about, and nobody seems to pay it any heed

Jaeger-12 ram 3500, CCLB, 68rfe, 2" lift, 5" tbe, steed, s476, MM w/MCC, OD, ISSPRO factory match, ARP 625's, Hamilton 103's/extreme duties, T/Rex traction bars, mag hytec trans pan,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v2 Finally doing stuff
The Roo Hunter- 93 w250, g360, np205, 4" lift, custom 3/8" bumper, Hellman sump, raptor 100, dual filters, ddp stg 3's and pin, steed, modded hybrid wh1c/hx40/s467fmw compounds 4" tbe, autometer cobalt series.
Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DMan1198 For This Useful Post:
2012Ram2500 (01-27-2016), BigCE (11-23-2015), ehgent orange (01-25-2016), Hollnagel (10-29-2015), kwhite (10-30-2015), vette4beater (12-16-2015)
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Diesel Head

Outkast I agree, even the cummins tuning was way cheaper only a few years ago. Then the H&S madness took off, tuners jumped from $500 to $1800 overnight almost. The tunes price went up as well. Popular demand allows a large increase in price.

There are cheaper options out of the tuners available. Some are $600 for a set of tunes, others are $300 give or take. Then ofcourse if you know someone and they know someone the price can change dramatically.

Its a big business so dont expect people to be giving up there secrets any time soon.

2014 3500 Tradesman CCSB, SRW, 6.7, G56, QG56DDSN-ORG

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Well i never expect these guys to be giving up there knowledge an after i posted this i started doing my own research an found alot of the awensers with the issues with the cummins tuning so that shed some light. Guess im dissapointed and this is research i should of done before trading off the duramax for this rig.

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Diesel Head

Anyone doing there own tuning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan1198 View Post
One problem right now with efi live is no publicly released delete or trans tuning parameters. This means the diy guys can't even tune themselves if they've already removed things (I'm one of those guys. I'm still using h&s because it has the parameters needed to run with what I have done)

And I do try to help anyone who's trying to tune themselves (that's what this section is for. Helping others use the tuning software to tune themselves) the problem is nobody seems to realize that, and they keep pushing helpful tuning related threads down with their stupid hardware, and non software related questions (can anyone tell it's the one thing on this forum that actually Pisses me off?) I even made a note on what this section is about, and nobody seems to pay it any heed

Same boat as you. Still running my H&S because they have the delete and trans parameters. I have a fancy, expensive V2 paperweight here. I also hand out knowledge to people who want to get into tuning because no one but Gordon would even look at my tune to see if I was on the right track. And Gordon I really appreciate that by the way. Not going to name names but I think we all know who the full of them self tuner is here. So I learned on my own. When I bought my V2 on efi's website they had a statement saying they would not limit any parameters because people use their software for boats and overseas. Now, yes they didn't remove any but they're now limiting us hobbyists on the newer platforms. Can't tell them how to run their business though, just gotta hope.
The Following User Says Thank You to evildiesel For This Useful Post:
ehgent orange (01-25-2016)
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Diesel Freak

The parameters that are needed for tuning the newer trucks with EFILive are there, they're just hidden. Some third party hardware and some hex editing are needed in order to see the parameters. EFILive was asked not to tell anyone what is needed to expose the data. Something about JTAG hardware and generating .bin files to import into EFILive tune tool. I'd be glad to help anyone with tuning that needs it. I'm no expert but I have been through the $500 two day class and have a few trucks tuned running around.

2010 MC Laramie 68 Auto 2500 4x4, HBS, ARP, Bilsteins, Toyos, Mini, OD, Shibby TVD, MCC by Me, Yaesu & Kenwood
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Diesel Head

So the tuners asked efilive to hide the info so they could basically keep a racket on the tuning scene? Thats about total ..... but doesnt surprise me in the least. Thanks for the info.

2014 3500 Tradesman CCSB, SRW, 6.7, G56, QG56DDSN-ORG

The Following User Says Thank You to Quint For This Useful Post:
BigCE (11-23-2015)
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

My truck i currently have, Has a few upgrades and some sort of delete tuning but i believe the end file is stock tuning just deletes added and it runs pretty good. I see 15 town 20 highway on 35s and ill live with it for now. Im just pissed i paid the extra $450 as soon as i bought this truck to tune it to find out i couldnt do anything with it per say.
Ive been a efi customer since v1 and lb7 tuning. Im sorry but i cannot see paying $1000 plus for tuning its just ridiculous to me. I understan someone has to write the tunes but at the end of the day everyone gets about the same thing.

Just my 0.02 but that aint worth much.

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Ducati M.

Thanked 1,223 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
So the tuners asked efilive to hide the info so they could basically keep a racket on the tuning scene? Thats about total ..... but doesnt surprise me in the least. Thanks for the info.
The parameters weren't hidden to benefit certain tuners, and it isn't that they're hidden. It's that efi hasn't bothered to map those parameters at this point. It's also a very low priority for them. Ross has also said it is potential suicide to release them (the demise of h&s is the best example of why delete parameters are very far down the list of priorities)

Jaeger-12 ram 3500, CCLB, 68rfe, 2" lift, 5" tbe, steed, s476, MM w/MCC, OD, ISSPRO factory match, ARP 625's, Hamilton 103's/extreme duties, T/Rex traction bars, mag hytec trans pan,
v2 Finally doing stuff
The Roo Hunter- 93 w250, g360, np205, 4" lift, custom 3/8" bumper, Hellman sump, raptor 100, dual filters, ddp stg 3's and pin, steed, modded hybrid wh1c/hx40/s467fmw compounds 4" tbe, autometer cobalt series.
Instagram:
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Diesel Freak

Well, I didn't mean they were hidden. What I meant to say was they are not mapped in the tune tool. DMan is right, EFILive didn't want to map those parameters because of the epa. I understand that. It's just business.

2010 MC Laramie 68 Auto 2500 4x4, HBS, ARP, Bilsteins, Toyos, Mini, OD, Shibby TVD, MCC by Me, Yaesu & Kenwood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode