Track Bar and Steering Linakage...... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Cab & Chassis Discussion of performance, powertrain, and non-powertrain on Cab & Chassis Trucks....NO ADVERTISING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
krs

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Track Bar and Steering Linkage......

My 2015 5500 is going in on Sunday to have the drag-link replaced under warranty. The play is bad enough that I can see it without being close to it. Is anyone else having these problems. I drive slowly and avoid potholes etc...

This same truck had the track bar replaced at 5100kms. But the clunking started at 1700kms. I know I can't be the only one with these front ends falling apart. As I don't do to my trucks what they do at Carli Suspension or any other comparable company...

This truck is heavy but that's why I bought the 5500. It is around the 16500lbs mark but is rated for 19000. I drive it slowly because I don't really have a choice with the 4:88's. The tires on it are M920's that are barely larger than stock. When I bought this truck I was impressed to see that the entire steering linkage was grease able obviously to no avail.

Any input would be helpful. Once this truck is off of warranty I am not going to spend that kind of money replacing parts every six months or sooner.

EMF told me they are working on components for these 4500 and 5500's.

15 Ram 5500 CC60" SLT AS69RC, Brutus Deck, Maxilift 330.4, BD PAS, RaceMe Ultra StrPipe Stack, S&B, Toyo
14 Ram 3500 CCLBDRW Laramie AS69RC, Espar, TrailReady Fr FabFours Rr Bumper, Rigid,S&B, BD PAS, RaceMe Ultra StrPip, Fox 2.0, 1-pc DS, Toyo
06 Ram 3500 CCLBDRW Laramie Espar, ARB, Kenwood, Miller, BD PAS

Last edited by krs; 12-08-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:11 PM

I've had a few problems with my stock steering one major one being that my drivers side tie rod bolt sheered off but luckily I was in a parking lot. I'd definitely look into a heavy duty steering kit from ThurenFab. Replaces drag link and the tie rod with solid tubing and adjustable heim joints on the ends. Lot beefier and you'll never feel a pothole the same again. As for the track bar I'm not sure what would be causing the bushing to go out all the time but an adjustable trac bar from ThurenFab should also fix that.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
krs

Garage
Problem is that no one makes anything aftermarket for a 5500.

15 Ram 5500 CC60" SLT AS69RC, Brutus Deck, Maxilift 330.4, BD PAS, RaceMe Ultra StrPipe Stack, S&B, Toyo
14 Ram 3500 CCLBDRW Laramie AS69RC, Espar, TrailReady Fr FabFours Rr Bumper, Rigid,S&B, BD PAS, RaceMe Ultra StrPip, Fox 2.0, 1-pc DS, Toyo
06 Ram 3500 CCLBDRW Laramie Espar, ARB, Kenwood, Miller, BD PAS

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 02:54 PM

I'd email either Aaron or Don and I'm sure they can get it figured out for you they're great guys to talk to.
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/contact/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode