DEF/DPF Delete 2015 - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
4th Gen Cab & Chassis Discussion of performance, powertrain, and non-powertrain on Cab & Chassis Trucks....NO ADVERTISING

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 06:47 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddawgchuck View Post
Is EFI live the only option for c&c? RaceMe?
I used raceme on my 4500, works great!

That being said, the Raceme ultra is limited to what tunes it offers, and it's not nearly as customizable as EFI.

Race me would have a real edge if they offered a wider variety of "boxed" tunes along side there warp custom tuning.

If just deleting use raceme, if your going to build up your truck, EFI all the way!

2015 RAM 4500, 84" C&C with aisin trans, Raceme ultra, custom ( Home made) flatbed, ultimate woods farm truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Cummins Fan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddings View Post
I used raceme on my 4500, works great!

That being said, the Raceme ultra is limited to what tunes it offers, and it's not nearly as customizable as EFI.

Race me would have a real edge if they offered a wider variety of "boxed" tunes along side there warp custom tuning.

If just deleting use raceme, if your going to build up your truck, EFI all the way!
So, you are just using a raceme canned tune? Are your DEF still in tact? EGR in tact?

Does the truck feel more like a standard non detuned truck?

16' 4500 60" CA, 6.7/Aisin, 4.44
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:42 AM

Yup I'm running just a raceme 60hp tune, with the 23* timing. The cab and chassis trucks don't have the spool selection like the pickups do.

My exhaust is strait turbo back through a stack on my flat bed.

The def tank is still on the truck but not in use.

The EGR is fully deleted, no cooler, no valve, block off plates installed.

It has more power and much less "dead" feeling when you get going, I gained about 1.5 mpg, but I think I would get more if I didn't idle the truck so much.

2015 RAM 4500, 84" C&C with aisin trans, Raceme ultra, custom ( Home made) flatbed, ultimate woods farm truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Giddings For This Useful Post:
c-bolt (08-30-2016)

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:06 AM
Cummins Fan

Garage
Alright, thanks for the info.

16' 4500 60" CA, 6.7/Aisin, 4.44
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Looking for updates on tunes, delete and exhaust. Planned on waiting until warranty was gone (I only have 18k on the clock), but I got to tell you, another year of <10mpg and I'm selling this gutless, fuel guzzling pig. Basically looking to de-detune and gain mileage. Fresh opinions of best route to take? RidofPS, still happy with your setup? I'd like to order the goods today (heading to Baja soon and considering another 2k miles of this nonsense has me thinking I need to pull the trigger now). Thanks.

2015 5500 Laramie 197" WB w/ Bradford [Poorly] Built Flatbed.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Diesel Freak

I wouldnt trade the setup I have now to go back to stock anyday. Although im curious as to how the raceme runs. Winter fuel and running these 36x13.5 swampers, Im getting right around 13mpg. That's half city half highway.

2013 Ram 5500 SRW pickup auto 4x4, 4.88 gears, Kelderman air suspension, extreme outback compressor, rickson wheels, toyo 285/70/19.5 M608Z, transfer flow 40g tank, blue lake front and rear winch bumpers, milemarker hydro winch. EFI by HPP, Flo pro muffler, 36x13.5x19.5 super swamper IROK's. The ramman locking hubs, pacbrake LoadLeash, arp 425's,
The Following User Says Thank You to ridofpwrstroke For This Useful Post:
deminimis (02-10-2017)
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Thanks!

Cool. I've got Johnathan on it now. Bonehead question regarding exhaust. Looking at FloPro. Do I need the muffler and scr delete pipe or? Looks like I do, but not positive. I really want a muffler.

This?

FloPro Cat/DPF Race Pipe 2013-2017 Ram Cab & Chassis *with muffler* (21127) - FloPro Cummins 6.7L Exhaust - Exhaust Systems - 2007.5-2016 6.7L - Cummins

And This?

FloPro SCR Race Pipe 2013-2017 Ram Cab and Chassis Cab to Axle >60" (21129) - $22 Flat

Sorry, I feel I've asked this before, but I've been Ram negligent due to other projects.

Thanks!!

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:05 PM

Running Efi live with Motorops custom tune on my 2015.
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Rid, I looked up Raceme. I see it's referred to up top. That seems like a mighty good deal right there. Really good deal. Any other feedback on the Raceme???? Almost seems liek the perfect solution for me (I just want to get rid of the detune and delete and see improved mileage). Thanks.

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Air Force Vet

Thanked 1,157 Times in 654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
another year of <10mpg and I'm selling this gutless, fuel guzzling pig. Basically looking to de-detune and gain mileage.
Sorry OP. Not trying to hijack your thread.

deminimis just described exactly what I read about these Ram trucks in 2011. Poor fuel economy, gutless, and dead peddle are symptoms these trucks have had for years. It's all over the internet, in truck comparison tests done by GM, and written about in this Forum as well as Ford and GM forums. The strength of a Cummins engine is they tow well, are reliable, and have good longevity. The Cummins powerplant is put in a good Ram truck which for me, has been very reliable.

It's easy to comment about the issues described above. But they've been public information for years. A stock Cummins engine is gutless, fuel guzzling, and loses about every comparison test done again Ford and GM. But do you know what, I wouldn't trade my truck in for another brand for anything. As they say, been there, done that.

Greg M

2011 3500 LARAMIE LONGHORN CCLB 4X4, 6.7L HO, 3.73 Gears, 68RFE Auto, SRW, Sagebrush
Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor
26-foot Tracer RLS Travel Trailer (7500 lbs GVWR)
2008 Mercedes Diesel GL 320 CDI (my wife's car)
Civil and Structural Engineer
Totally Stock and Love it!

post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Yea, knew that going in, but it's been worse than expected (then the damn commercial insurance for a personal use rig is brutal). I only have 18k on the clock because I barely drive this beast. In fact considering a F150 for most of my tow needs (and as a daily) and save the beast for exclusive camper duty (then I can get a RV rate and save around $50/mo). But, I too digress.

Again, folks, I keep re-reading the stuff on the Raceme. It's crazy cheap and super easy. Really considering this as a option, so if any current feedback for the Raceme, please chime in. Would like to order today, if possible. Thanks.

PS: It would be cool if I could feed the display into the Jailbreaked screen on my Ram. I wonder....

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Gidding is only seeing a 1.5mpg improvement (but he's running the 60hp and I'd likely just run the 30hp). Would take a lot of diesel before either paid for itself. Humm.

Oh, to answer my exhaust question above, 21127 and 21129 is what I need for the delete (84" CA)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode