Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Hampton roads 12v help

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  2nd Gen Domination 
#1 ·
I'm trying to build my 12v, and looking for some help. Got all my parts in and motors on a stand/cradle. Looking for someone to help me with Head studs, fuel plate, injectors, GSK, valve springs. Tim at TRE is a great guy, but funds runnin low and cant come up with the money he wants.

Lookin for some help maybe on a weekend or something. Beer included and can work out a cheap price or somethin? Good chance to meet other cummins enthusists.

Located in Virginia Beach

Brian
603-440-3661

#6 ·
its a 96 12v, was originally an auto but picked up a nv4500 to put behind it. I'm trying to get the pump off so i can clean up the block and get it painted. Pump work would be to install 4k GSK, #0 fuel plate, mess with AFC star wheel, put Mack plug in. other than that just lookin to do some seals, head studs, injectors.

#7 ·
I'd rotate the engine to where you can put the timing pin in the side of the pump, then pull gear off, then everything else. As long as you don't turn over the engine or pull the cam. Everything else should be straight forward except for the GSK, you should be able to find some instructions for that.

#8 ·
How much power you looking to make, you can send the pump and your gsk to Seth at Dpe and he can put them in max your pump out and put it on the flow bench and pin the pump at whatever timing you want. Well worth what he charges if your looking to make over 500hp

#9 ·
waiting on tools to come in, but since my motor was stuck at work for like last 6 months with no movement bought the bullet and ordered a billet ppump gear puller tool, valve spring compressor tool... looking to start moving forward again once i get it to the house.

basically gonna pull the pump.. clean up the block paint it.. do the head studs (sending rocker pedalstals off to get machined)

if anyones in the chesapeake va beach area and likes working on these thing more then welcome to join me.. i drink beer when i work so more then enough to go around

#10 ·
let me know when your gonna work on it, if I am off and the wife doesnt have anything goin on I would be willing to lend a hand. fixing to start tearing apart my 94 gonna tear it down to bare block and goin thru the whole thing.

#11 ·
let me know if you need help i am so sick of working on there broke CATs at work, i need to get dirty with a cummins again...

#12 ·
I told ya the CAT's would be broke all the time. I was always workin on one of them freakin motors. now all I do is change freakin hydro hoses on the grapples in the yard and chase electrical problems.

#13 ·
Well it doesnt help that they r pushing 470hp out of a motor that cant handle it and then they give it to boat guys who go full throttle for hours when that longest u can go is 5 mins...

#14 ·
hey 9612vinva thanks for offer. trying to decide if i want to pay Tim at TRE $325 to do studs and valve springs +machined rockers.. or do it myself with either you or 2nd gen dominator giving me a hand. never messed with valve springs before, but reading the blip on swapping them seems easy since 1&6match up, 2&5, and 3&4.. only questionable area is pulling all the pedastals at once to get machine work done.

Any experience in that area?

#15 ·
pulling rockers is easy...

Just mark and un bolt them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.