Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Questions

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Capt. Slow 
#1 ·
I am getting 100hp injectors put in sometime next week. Im wanting to keep the egt down. What do recommend far as turbo? Im stil green behind the ears on this part.

This is just something i came accross. Made by bullseye turbos.

S256 DSM wastegated Outlet 69.5/61.5 Turbine Wheel 0.55 A/R
Turbocharger Name - S256
Compressor Wheel Inducer - 56mm
Compressor Wheel Exducer - 80mm
Compressor Wheel Trim - 49
Turbine Wheel Inducer - 69.5mm
Turbine Wheel Exducer - 61.5mm
Turbine Wheel Trim - 78
Turbine Option - Outlet - DSM wastegated
Turbine Option - Inlet - DSM
Turbine Option - A/R - 0.55
Horsepower Rating - 300-550

#2 ·
Do you tow a lot and what are your plans with it as far as staying with a single or going with twins at some point?

#3 ·
i was gonna shoot ya a text but wasnt sure if was able talk. I tow some trailer load of atvs and be hauling mud truck. I plan on staying with single. Id just like to have a good dd, haul, and be able to let the truck loose when i want.

#9 ·
The hp ratings on those turbos are for gas engines, cut it in half for diesel.

A 63/68/12 from ED would be a good choice, as would a State 2 Garrett from Tom at Turbo Performance.

#10 ·
The BD Super B special is a very popular turbo it's a 64/71/14 and would probably work really well with 100s on your early common rail. I'm not sure I know of anyone running the Silver 64, but the 66 is popular. A lot of people seem to like it. I'm not sure I'd run it if you tow though, especially with your automatic. Bullseye is a good place to look, but you'll be wanting to look at something in an s300 frame.

My vote is for the special!

#12 ·
If your staying with a single a 64/65 may not be a bad idea either... quick spool and cool egts... and wont have to worry about drive pressure since your not upping to twins...

I had a HTT Stainless 64 on my 06 with some 90's and it did pretty well... It had been modified by ED though...

#13 ·
Thanks for all the in put guys. I have seen where alot of people are using the BD Super B special. Far as now i do not have anything other injectors as of now. Im wanting get a smarty but egt was more of a concern with the 100hp injectors. I just know i will be staying away from the 66 being i will be towing on occasions. i was just curious about the bullseye turbos they seem like a decent deal far as prices.

#15 ·
thanks monkeybrain. id def like to hear what the out come is.

#18 ·
lol man it would be nice meet you guys at g2g someitme.

#19 ·
Being im trying to build funs for a turbo. Do yal think i can get away with building a water methanol kit to keep the egts down?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.