trac bar and tie rod ends? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wyoming BAMF

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
trac bar and tie rod ends?

Hey guys have a few questions. First off, is there an aftermarket replacement for tie rod ends that will last longer that 27k? I have replaced mine going on the 3rd time in 3 years. This last set lasted 27K miles. I run an 18" wheel with the Carli starter kit and 35" tires. Would love to find something that actually lasts. My trac bar is also bad but it was a carli one. Are those warrantied at all? I haven't had a chance to look...

Thanks guys
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
tierods and tracbar

Hi
Not sure how you use your truck but if your going thru tierods at that rate and everything else is normal, I would give Doug Thuren a call or email.
He has some really heavy duty custom stuff and was very helpful to answer questions.
link to his site
Thuren Fabrication- Crossover steering kits
As far as Carli track bar issue You should contact the dealer you bought it from or Carli directly to discuss. I always talk to Pat Losko ,very helpful guy, his email is pat@thecarlisuspension.com, phone (888) 99-CARLI
I had an self inflicted issue with Carli torsion sway bay and the guys/girls at Carli had the replacement part across the country overnight !
I know some of these trucks end up with a rounded out bolt hole for mounting track bar and at that point your going to have to fix mounting holes.
Make sure bolts are torqued, I went 5lbs over these specs ,some torque wrenches could read +/- 5%

TORQUE VALUES:
- 14mm Bolts (18mm Socket): Tighten to 180 lbs/ft.
- 16mm Bolts (21mm Socket): Tighten to 215 lbs/ft.

I have Carli track bar, there is no lube point on heim end, so I spray heim joint end with a little silicon every once and while and grease urethane bushing end with Redline CV2.
Good luck
rghavana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I am Thuren equipped on my truck and love them . 35k and counting .
06 Mega 2500 4x4 auto ; EFI by AD , Garmon Stage 2 , Banks bolt-ons , aFe SS ex. mani. , HBS 2.5" level kit , MBRP , Tuff Country , lots of Thuren front end goodies , Doghouse 1pc.DL w/ spicer 1480's , 6X Isspro EV2 , Custom Billet Badges , Stock 2012 rims , Mopar Severe Duty setup w/ CAT 2 mic. filter , Retrax PRO , Amsoil OBP kit . Firestone Ride Rite . A lot of this $$$ .

Wifes ride : 08 MB R320 CDI
MegaB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.