2 micron fuel filter - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Powertrain
3rd Gen. Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2 micron fuel filter

What do I need to convert to a 2 micron fuel filter?
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
2 micron fuel filter

This one is for the engines without the apps mounted on the engine. (Big black bell?). They make one for both. Just pic what u need

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...d=MK20307-CHMB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2004 5.9 smarty S06 pod, 4 inch mopar air filter, stock exhaust aero muffler, boost and pyro, fuel rail, fuel pres, trans temp autometer,super built 48re lift pump in tank, 2 inch leveling kit, gdp 2 mic filtration pure performance adj. control arms, lightforce, fat mat through out
Rpadar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I used the Cat setup, it mounts the filter under the truck.

Cummins CAT Fuel Filter Kit
davesupra is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpadar View Post
This one is for the engines without the apps mounted on the engine. (Big black bell?). They make one for both. Just pic what u need

Glacier Diesel Power - Product Detail

I used this kit as well. I have had it for almost a year and 10k
2006 MegaCab 2500 SLT 4x4 SRW Cummins, Mag-hytec tranny and rear diff pans, ride rite bags, hellwig rear sway bar, s&b air filter, smarty jr, BD brake, GDP 2 micron,leather seats.com kit, borgeson shaft and box, 08.5 steering linkage2007 Everest 5th wheel 239p
MegaCleanCab is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

davesupra, I see on the web site that they say mount the Cat before the stock filter. That sounds back wards to me. Is that how yours is mounted? I am going to get one for my 2003, but seems like it should be mounted after the stock. Thank you for any info.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

2 micron fuel filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehless View Post
davesupra, I see on the web site that they say mount the Cat before the stock filter. That sounds back wards to me. Is that how yours is mounted? I am going to get one for my 2003, but seems like it should be mounted after the stock. Thank you for any info.
While I personally would chose to have the filter under the hood. Under the truck can be trouble. The cat filter is 4 micron. Fleet gaurd is what u want.

2004 5.9 smarty S06 pod, 4 inch mopar air filter, stock exhaust aero muffler, boost and pyro, fuel rail, fuel pres, trans temp autometer,super built 48re lift pump in tank, 2 inch leveling kit, gdp 2 mic filtration pure performance adj. control arms, lightforce, fat mat through out
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cat advertises the filter at 2 microns. Are they lying? They may be, that's why I ask. I ordered one and my question is why mount it before the stock filter. thanks, guys.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

2 micron fuel filter

I think it's a 5 micron or 4. They changed the rating. Either fleet gaurd or the cat is fine but I chose the fleet gaurd because it came in my gdp kit. I've heard negative about the cat filter

Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you, Rpadar. Can any one give me info on why the Cat kit should be mounted before the stock filter? Thank you all.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

i am going to paste a $75 setup that is the best there is. some of our 06's still have the stock filter that was installed at the factory. we mount the filters just forward of the fuel tank. we run a fleet of dodges and recently installed one on a 06. there is two bolts through the floor board for a rear seat option at this location. some of our trucks use them others do not. get a 2" x 3" piece of angle iron 6" long. make a card board template that the two bolts and keeper nuts will go through hold the template on the inside against the 2" part and drill the two holes they will be about 5/8" i think and about 3 7/8 " between. center the holes on the 2" and near the edge on the 2" hold the angle iron over the bolts with the 3"part the furtherest away from the tank and drill a 1/4" hole between the two holes, keep drilling through the floor board. now after you mount the filters to the angle iron just simply mount it with a 1/4 grade 8 bolt. this is the only hard part the other items is easy. the total time including building the bracket is about 1 1/2 hours. i will give you napa numbers but they can cross reference to wix or car quest. the two bases are 4770 the water separator pre filter is 3406 the 2 micron filter is 3674. use a 3/8" nipple with about 1/2" space in the middle connect the two bases together observing the in and out. because of this the mounting plate on one filter base is about 1" further out than the other. install two 90* 3/8" barbed fittings on the bases and temporary bolt the angle iron up and hold the filters up to it. make sure everything clears and mark the one base that touches the plate to drill the three holes to mount the filters. next cut the feed fuel line at this location and bend the lines out a little and install 3/8 hose over the lines and to the barbed fittings. i put a small amount of flair on the steel lines. but i do not think it is necessary. Bleed the air out through the stock filter before trying to start it. use a gauge and do not change the filters until you see a four pound drop this should be about every 150,000 miles and the stock filter will never need to be changed. Cheapest place is Wix Filters - Bases: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

your filter base has two inlets and two outlets on each base be careful to connect the nipple between the outlet of the first filter to the inlet of the second. only one of the bases get's the bolts as the offset places the second base about a inch away from the plate. we use to make spacers on the first ones and then decided they were not needed

063500dually4X4qcg56,dynatrac,bd exhaust brake,donaldson m090535muffler,cfm+,winspeed spacer,smartyjr,taylor wings,luberfiner bypass filter,psm cold air,cool hose,tag,air tab's,pdr cam,ddp50hp injectors,htt 62 65 13ss,ss manifold, turbo and manifold blankets
carl48 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks, guys. I've purchased a Cat kit. Being a noob, I probably shouldn't have. Now, if I want to have the secondary filter mounted after the oem, do I need to purchase a different kit? A straight to the point answer would be greatly appreciated. I can't see the wisdom of mounting a 4 micron filter before a 5 or 7 micron filter. Some one please set me straight. thank you all.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

2 micron fuel filter

Yes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.